[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Air Video for iPad  XML
Forum Index » Air Video General
Teppka

Thanks, did not notice this option before.
artysx

Hello!
Can you add an option to move video up and down? Just as we have black lines, it will good to move them down to have more space for handling the device.
Lurple

Just wanted to say Air Video looks fantastic on the iPad. Looked great on the iPhone but it's wonderful on the iPad. Orb's ipad version doesn't look nearly as good, and I was a longtime Orb user until I swapped over to Air Video a few months ago. Great work.
Jesper A

I'm sorry if I missed this. But can Air Video for iPad put out (if the original video-file's resoultion exceeds it) video to the iPad's native resoluton 1024x768 pixels?

Or in a shorter term; what is the max resolution for the Air Video for iPad App to put out?

I've got a iMac 27" i7 so the conversion itselt of 1080p- and 720p-files shouldn't be a problem, works fine on my iPhone.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/29/2010 12:54:46

Londonjamie

Hi
I've got the camera kit for the iPad, and have seen I can load an sd card with AVI files on.
Is there a way to get air video to see these files and convert them as I watch them?
Thanks
Admin

No. The videos have to be on your computer.
Londonjamie

Can anyone suggest an app that offers the same conversion/streaming function of Air Video but via USB?
Thanks
mwkeefer

Works great on my iPhone and my iPad - GREAT JOB!

New Air Video server running on XP 32bit Core 2 Duo is running fantastically and solved most of my remaining issues, fantastic app!

-mwkeefer

Regards,
mwkeefer
Alfredolumbago

Jesper A wrote:I'm sorry if I missed this. But can Air Video for iPad put out (if the original video-file's resoultion exceeds it) video to the iPad's native resoluton 1024x768 pixels?

Or in a shorter term; what is the max resolution for the Air Video for iPad App to put out?

I've got a iMac 27" i7 so the conversion itselt of 1080p- and 720p-files shouldn't be a problem, works fine on my iPhone.

Did any one have an answer for this ?
What is teh max resolution? oi am using a Dock Connector to VGA Adapter so teh max resolution should be 1024 x768, but it appears to be less ?
Can i force files to play at a higher res than the original ?
I though i had all videos playing at full screen until that last up date killed airvideo. When it came back the files seem to nly play at thier native resoltion; am i imagining things?
mwkeefer

Alfredolumbago wrote:
Jesper A wrote:I'm sorry if I missed this. But can Air Video for iPad put out (if the original video-file's resoultion exceeds it) video to the iPad's native resoluton 1024x768 pixels?

Did any one have an answer for this ?
What is teh max resolution? oi am using a Dock Connector to VGA Adapter so teh max resolution should be 1024 x768, but it appears to be less ?
Can i force files to play at a higher res than the original ?
I though i had all videos playing at full screen until that last up date killed airvideo. When it came back the files seem to nly play at thier native resoltion; am i imagining things?

Sorry had not noted this question had gone unanswered so I will do my best at providing what appears to be the answer, for the record I am running the beta version 2.4.4 I think of the AirVideo server but the functionality your asking about I believe is in many previous versions so... (please anyone more knowledgeable than I step in and correct my response):

Your followup is really 2 questions - #1, what is the true maximum output ability of the iPad VGA dock connector?
Format VGA Component
Movies.app / iTunes HD w/ DRM No Yes (480p)
Movies.app / iTunes SD w/ DRM Yes (480p) Yes (480p)
Movies.app / HD Yes (720p) Yes (480p)
Movies.app / SD Yes (480p) Yes (480p)
Photos.app Slideshow Yes Yes
AirVideo.app (SD or HD) No No
YouTube.app Yes Yes
ABC Player.app No No
Netflix.app No No
StreamToMe Yes (?) Yes (?)
Keynote Yes Yes
Pages No No

Now in reality each app has it's own choice when it comes to supported outputs and there are even a few undocumented cases or setups such as:

Third party apps have a choice of 1024x768 or 1280x720 when using the VGA adapter.

(They also can do 800x600 and 640x480; which is kind of undocumented but you would only want to use those as a fallback on crappy displays anyways.)

The question is really which output modes does Air Video player (the iPad application) support and for which operating systems - that I can't answer and don't have time at the moment to verify but the above indicate to me that using direct iPad to VGA -> TV would provide the very best of possible video ability (if the software can take advantage of it).

AirServer and the offline conversion maximum resolution can be simply adjusted to 1280x720 and set the offline conversion quality to 100% - that would output 720p if the source video would support it - conversely, if your planning on only watching the video on the iPad screen and I think they are limited to 1024x768 I would use those numbers as maximum resolution to save on some filesize.

I was playing HD content on an LG 42" at christmas via the component output but from videos encoded to 720p maximum standards via both hard conversion and streaming over wifi / 4G from my home 40 miles away from where christmas was - we watched some kids stuff and then I think Salt - I assume the LG upconverted for us via the component input but it looked flawless. So that should answer the question - oh not really, I also played some TV shows I keep at about 640x420 which also filled (letter box) the TV screen - again that may be a setting in the TV or it could be in the actually Settings app, under TV out to Wide Screen?

Hope that helps!
-Mike

PS: When are we going to see the ability durring the queuing process to assign show type, season number, episode number, title, etc - it would be great for adding into itunes with these mp4 tags already stored within the meta atom structure. Even if only the "Type" of show could be added based on output directory (which directory = what type of show atom to store in the m4v)? This would make life so much easier!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Regards,
mwkeefer
Alfredolumbago

Wow thanks mwkeefer, great answer. Thanks for the time spent on that. That is really helpful. Have a great Christmas and a merry new year

How does this affect live conversion on the fly?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/27/2010 20:17:31

wanderlead

this is the best app EVER !!!!!!!!!!!!

i use a dreambox sat receiver and can change channels and stream to the ipad in 640x480 brilliantly with fta uk and european tv

what i would love in a future version is a red record button next to the play/pause/ffwd/rwnd buttons that can be user assigned together with a Stop record button

i already have a pc assigned as nas server and it is just sat awaiting a command to the the receiver to trigger recording

a typical line of code to trigger recording is :

http://192.168.1.65:80/cgi-bin/videocontrol?command=record
http://192.168.1.65:80/cgi-bin/videocontrol?command=stop

which i can do from browser but would love to have it available within air video itself

regards

richard
uk
[Email]
marcel808

hi Richard
i use a dreambox sat receiver and can change channels and stream to the ipad in 640x480 brilliantly with fta uk and european tv

You do that using Air Video?! How can you stream live tv? sounds amazing, I thought you'd need something like a slingbox for that
thanks
cel

wanderlead

marcel808 wrote:hi Richard

You do that using Air Video?! How can you stream live tv? sounds amazing, I thought you'd need something like a slingbox for that
thanks
cel

have a look here:

http://www.i-have-a-dreambox.com/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=127338&hilight=iphone

it basically uses a pc or mac to do the encoding on the fly so that it outputs as mp4 stream for air video to pick up

my sat receiver is connected by lan, my pc can connect to it and hence stream it

there is a modified ffmpeg file and presume that is the key to it all working

regards

richard
[Email]
cocochen

evilmonkeys wrote:Air video is looking fantastic oh the iPad! Now you've gotta get that home page updated with 'iPad compatible'! ipad2 smart covers
iPad 2 cases
ipad2cover

Deleting from my iPad and syncing from iTunes fixed the problem… and, wow! Great work on this upgrade, gentlemen. I would have paid for an upgrade easily. This is going to be the killer iPad app!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/09/2011 07:18:31

Forum Index » Air Video General
Go to: