[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
HELP, I DONT UNDERSTAND THIS APP  XML
Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
Mehmet

Guys

my apologies to sound so stupid but i really don't understand this app,
i purchased this app in order to access movies from my Dell laptop to my iPhone 3gs no matter how far i am from my laptop, is this the correct app for my demand? i manage to access movies but only if i'm at home via my internet connection. can i access these movies while i'm away from home? if yes, how? i believe a step by step guide will solve my problem. i have the 32GB version iphone, via Air video could i save movies to my iphone?

I appreciate any help

thank you
[Email] [MSN]
Admin

Hi,

first of all, you can't use Air Video to store videos in your iPhone. To store videos in your iPhone you can sync them with iTunes (if they are in wrong format you will need to convert them first).

You can stream your videos with Air Video over internet (when you're away from home). However in order to do that your router must support UPnP or NAT-PMP protocol and you computer must be running. This is called "Remote Access", you can read a step by step guide here:

http://www.inmethod.com/air-video/remote-access.html
Mehmet

Thank you for your help.

i tried to step up remote access step, but i get an error message which states

"Warning: Possible double NAT detected! Make sure that only one router on your network is doing Network Address Translation."

I have my PS3 connected to the router in order to play online, may this be the problem?
[Email] [MSN]
Admin

Hi,

the PS3 is not a problem. Problem is in your router configuration (better case) or your provider didn't give you public IP address (worse but less likely case).

You can read more about double NAT here:
http://www.inmethod.com/air-video/troubleshooting.html (first column, second question).
Mehmet

i can log in to my router settings but have no idea what to check or change
[Email] [MSN]
Admin

Unfortunately I'm unable to tell you what to do. It depends on your router/modem type, your wireless router, network setup, etc. You'll probably need help from someone with network administration experience that has physical access to your network and can setup it properly.

Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
Go to: