[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Petition to create a desktop Air Video client for Windows/MAC OSX  XML
Forum Index » Air Video General
usdude

Main and most important feature of this software, is that allows to change bit stream/quality of streaming video from client. Using that feature makes possible to use low bandwidth connection and still watch your videos. THAT MAKES AIR VIDEO THE BEST PRODUCT ON THE MARKET. PLEASE MAKE SERVER RUN AS A SERVICE AND GIVE US A CLIENT FOR THE WINDOWS!!!!!
Many people will buy this product for $30-40 and that is your GOLD MINE. We need this product!!!!
wolfii

dhop90 wrote:Fixed download site. Created new version 2.0(175), There is a new Interface and additional features, as well as some bug fixes.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6713110/MacAirVideoClient/Site/Home.html

Hi there,

i downloaded the latest version for use under Snow Leopard. Unfortunately, there is a Ruby error on startup:

./Mac\ AirVideo\ Client
Running version 3.0(370)
WarningSystemStackError: stack level too deep
WarningSystemStackError: stack level too deep
2011-02-07 10:18:01.785 Mac AirVideo Client[12789:903] AirVideoController#awakeFromNib: TypeError: can't convert OSX::NSCFArray into Array
/Applications/Mac AirVideo Client.app/Contents/Resources/AirVideoController.rb:368:in `+'
/Applications/Mac AirVideo Client.app/Contents/Resources/AirVideoController.rb:368:in `buildComboBox'
/Applications/Mac AirVideo Client.app/Contents/Resources/AirVideoController.rb:302:in `awakeFromNib'
/Applications/Mac AirVideo Client.app/Contents/Resources/rb_main.rb:27:in `NSApplicationMain'
/Applications/Mac AirVideo Client.app/Contents/Resources/rb_main.rb:27
/Applications/Mac AirVideo Client.app/Contents/Resources/AirVideoController.rb:368:in `+': can't convert OSX::NSCFArray into Array (TypeError)
from /Applications/Mac AirVideo Client.app/Contents/Resources/AirVideoController.rb:368:in `buildComboBox'
from /Applications/Mac AirVideo Client.app/Contents/Resources/AirVideoController.rb:302:in `awakeFromNib'
from /Applications/Mac AirVideo Client.app/Contents/Resources/rb_main.rb:27:in `NSApplicationMain'
from /Applications/Mac AirVideo Client.app/Contents/Resources/rb_main.rb:27

If I disable the questionable line, the client starts, but (obviously) does not allow to configure a server.

As I am no ruby expert, I don't know how to fix this, so I kindly ask for some advice

Thank you very much

Wolfii
Tonycai

Support mp3 & image!!!
Wha?

Hold on....why do you need a client for Windows or Mac? Can't you share any files you want back and forth over LAN? That's what I do...I also stream Hd mkv to my osx machine without any conversion. So I'm kinda lost.
cyril0

This is a great app, thanks so much for your hard work, however I can't help but wonder why this isn't a web app? Give me the same control and functionality to access the airvideo server but directly from the web and voilla, crossplatform. There would be no need to maintain a mac or windows version, heck it would work on linux, and maybe android.

I know the user would need to run an webserver for this to work, but that isn't such a big deal is it? Maybe roll it up in a jar, like the airvideo server and include the web server.

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but a fully portable solution would be great. Also can someone point me to the airvideo api so I can look into building this webapp myself.

Thanks
cyril0

@Wha?

Some of us don't only use Airvideo over a lan. Some of use watch stuff over the internet and it would be really nice to have an option to use the live conversion and sexy interface from a notebook, while on the road, or even to access friend's computers and watch the videos they have.

I personally access my office computer from home, as it has much faster internet access than my home connection and way more drive space. So all my media lives at the office and is accessed remotely. Hope this clears it up for you.
keys1265

Can anybody who has the alpha version of the Windows client provide a download location for it? The one that tenya mention in the post is no longer working. Thanks!
eQUIV

Still no Windows client? That's a shame, is there atleast any progress?
monkey121

Any update on this??

It would be great to use pc to pc
unabatedshagie

I'd gladly pay £10 for a windows client.
unabatedshagie

keys1265 wrote:Can anybody who has the alpha version of the Windows client provide a download location for it? The one that tenya mention in the post is no longer working. Thanks!

The download link works for me, here's another link to it though http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1211228/AirVideoClient_20101208.zip

I'm having issues when I try to use the windows client.

Says I'm missing iconv.dll when I try to run it.
Outlet

Any update on a Windows client?
hacksforcityville

Def. need good streaming software on my laptop. Add me please. Thank you.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/07/2011 21:11:45

Free Hacks For CityVille on the honor system.
[WWW]
pavram

I got sick of waiting. Is there any code or forum for people working on this code? I've discovered a few relatively minor things in the communication protocol that jphastings code doesn't seem to understand.

I've mostly been using jphastings code as a guide about my own implementation, rather than a direct port of his ruby code, which gave me the small insights below. I doubt I am the first one to have come to these conclusions, but thought it might help for anyone else looking to pick-up the jphastings code for their own air-video related project.

The "unknown" numbers that jphastings AVMap function grabs are the index of each object. (objects are treated differently to value-types. valuetypes (ints, longs, doubles, pointers) aren't objects per-se and thus don't get an index.
the "R" data-type is a pointer.

So you can have a field on a media-info that says:
language s(4)(5)hello
that means language field has a string, which is object with index 4, 5 bytes long, and then the 5 bytes for hello.

you can then in another object get:

name: r(4)

This means the name field has a pointer to object 4, end result is the "name" is *also* a string 5 bytes long for hello.

The second unknown number found in "o" objects (O stands for generic object, this is the entry for a generic serialized java-object if I am interpreting it correctly) is a version number, related to the version of the program doing the serializing OR it might be related to the version in which the object was last changed. the default Response and Request objects for instance almost always have version "1", but other objects in my testing I've found to have version "240". (and when jphastings wrote his code it was version 223). I have also seen version -1 on media information objects but I think they are weird objects that either don't have a version configured for them or the writers of air-video forgot to add a version attribute to the object.
jphastings seems to have figured this out at some time during his code, as he does label the field "version" when serializing his objects back into a byte stream.

hopefully someone got something out of this. I'm gonna go back to playing with my c# code. Doesn't *work* yet, but I am 90% of the way through at-least getting file listings. (which is perhaps 70% of the problem?)
monkey121

Is there any update from the admins about this?

Seems like lots of people will pay for this.....

Forum Index » Air Video General
Go to: