[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
THIS NEW UPDATE works with new server update  XML
Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
mitch1

What did you do? Undated the app and now my vidios are delayed and stop mid stream. Some of them start with sound but no picture. I am sick and tired that everytime you have a update I have to spend the day re-adjusting my settings. This is BS!. Now I have a longer delay in starting the videos. I got the last version working like I want it to and it worked great.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 05/16/2010 18:49:18

Admin

We reverted the playback code to what we used in 2.2.1. As far as I can remember you complained about 2.2.2 not being able to play your videos without live conversion

http://www.inmethod.com/forum/posts/list/870.page#5759

If you get videos without picture make sure that you don't have the 64kbit/s stream enabled in Global Settings.

We have no control over when the video starts, it's handled by the iPhone OS Media Player component (and it always has been).
mitch1

After tweaking it a bit, it seems to be streaming fine now..
Don't get me wrong, You have a great app and I enjoy using it and your quick response to problems is much apprecratied and second to none. Thanks you for your help
Admin

Hi,

Could you maybe share what exactly did you have to tweak? It might be helpful to other users, and to us for future updates. Also, out of curiosity, did you leave a customer review in AppStore?
mitch1

The iphone works fine, The pad because it is more powerful, requires different settings. If you set the max resolution 1024 X768 you must have a fast processor, The router must also be powerful enough to handle the stream. As far as the bitrate, I had to just play with them to get the right combo so that the videos willl stream with out any loss of quality or pause. The lower the resolution of the video the less problems will happen. The higher the resolution of the video the more cpu power is needed. Hope this helps
Arthur Hucksake

Unfortunately, I have been having problems since updating today. It was fine before, absolutely no problems. Now the stream constantly freezes.

My laptop and settings haven't changed at all, router config is all the same.

Air Video is set to the same, max settings for resolution and bitrate on the iPad app settings which was totally fine before. What has changed in the update? Anyway I can revert back somehow?

Thanks
Admin

That's rather weird as absolutely nothing related to iPad video playback has changed in the update. Have you tried restarting the iPad?
Arthur Hucksake

Admin wrote:That's rather weird as absolutely nothing related to iPad video playback has changed in the update. Have you tried restarting the iPad?

I'll give that a try, got to admit it was being odd after pairing a Bluetooth headset for the first time ever earlier tonight.

I'll reboot the laptop too.
Arthur Hucksake

Reboot iPad, reinstalled latest software on pc and rebooted.... Still same freezing problem. Weird!

Will the older version of the software on the pc still work?
Admin

If you have the older IPA file you can give it a try. I'm wondering though why is it freezing. What exactly happens? Does it goes to buffering during the streaming? Do you get crashes?
Arthur Hucksake

It just locks solid, like a pause. I don't get the spinning buffer icon on the screen and it doesn't crash anything as such. If I wait it does eventually carry on again.

Live conversion was working perfectly previously on the older version, so I'm not sure what's changed.
Admin

How often does this happen? What resolution do you have set and bitrates enabled in global settings? The problem here is that component responsible for the locking is iPhone OS Media Player component - which is pretty much a blackbox and we don't have any control over it.

One more thing, have you tried installing the latest server version?
http://inmethod.com/forum/posts/list/1330.page
Arthur Hucksake

Actually I also updated the server version today too, could that be where the problem is? Hmmmm

I have the settings maxed out because it was fine so had no reason to change as everything worked great.Just have the bottom setting ticked by itself. Did try ticking the one beneath but the problem persisted.
Admin

What server version did you update to? If it is the last stable version (2.2.6u1) it shouldn't make any difference. That version is out for quite a while.
Arthur Hucksake

Went from 2.2.4 to 2.2.6 u1. Going back to 224 hasn't solved the issue so I just have to assume something has changed on the laptop somewhere. I'll dig deeper after some sleep.

Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
Go to: