[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Android Support Please  XML
Forum Index » Air Video General
Efrain43Robbins

There's a lot I like about Sencha Touch, though it's a steep learning curve. But, if the answer to the above is no (and one user recently stated to me - 'yep, I get round it by hiding the video menu item from my android users') then there's a problem.

Thanks,
wedding bands
til-bar

Please bring support for Android!

I, like many others, registered a profile just so I could post in this thread. I'm enjoying Air Video on my iPad, but will always have an Android phone. As Android tablets improve, it won't be long before I ditch the iPad for an Android tablet.
knightfal

yes, Android support is welcome!
biscuit

I just signed in to support this thread as well. Got iPad ver. and will buy it once port on Android OS!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/30/2011 14:42:29

fayeharriet

i'd love this program on my andriod, any news when its out?
nootrak4

Well just so you guys know the Plex player mention works with no problem and it does more then just Video it does picture/music. I will be replacing my Ipad very soon. I have been using Android since EVO but looked for replacement for Air video but havent found it until i found this Plex thanks to this forms. Too bad air video didnt want to give this a try. I guess they feel they wont need to since they feel IOS is not going nowhere.

http://www.plexapp.com/android/

So far so good.
fayeharriet

is that Plex free?
nootrak4

No is not free. i would set it u first and then test and then purchase the app this is what i did just to make sure i wasnt going to get stuck with something that didn't work.
i guess this Dev is so confident of there product they they have a 30day money back guaranty, but if you dont trust it then you have the standard 15 mins from the market. I installed the server and install there Desktop app and tested it that way first watched a whole HD movie and then purchased in the android market and tested on my phone and my system kindle and it work with no problem i tried MKV/AVI/MP4 and it all played with no problem.

I really like the air video but it seems like they didnt want to spend the resources for develop something for Android so i guess by the time they get to the market they will have competition.
fayeharriet

it wasn't compatible with my HTC hero300 Andriod. i have only just got this phone and its been a nightmare. i am currently trying to flash the rom to see if that might make some apps work
nootrak4

Never heard of the hero3000. There was the htc hero but this is a old device as far as i know. I think it onky has like a 600-800mhz processor and like 256 of ram. Anyway i currently own a HTC sensation 4g and that plex works lije a charm. Im testing it currently on my galaxy tab 8.9 and it working with no problem.

Imean this thread goes back two years. One thing i found really cool is that they also have desktop program that go with this plex server. I wrote to air video with the idea to make desktop versions of air video and all i got was this os a good idea but notting else but thuw app does more then i have dreamed of and it kicks orb/zumicast.
fayeharriet

hero300 not 3000 sorry
davidsl.448

Theres an android app called Emit (not sure if it was mentiones before, I didnt read the whole thread) that works like airvideo, but Id still prefer AirVideo over any other app...
belgianwaves

Guys

If you're looking for an android client, there is one:
it's called Mirage (https://market.android.com/details?id=com.bw.xplayer.ui)
It not only supports air video, but also upnp (samba support is in development)

It has some nifty features like bookmark support,
but also supports 'always on top' mode:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TqehUVqr1M

Please let me know how i can improve this android client
via belgianwaves at gmail

Johan
santiagodraco

We really need an actual AirVideo client for Android. Mirage is "ok" but it doesn't properly talk to Airvideo so files aren't converted in realtime properly and you get very stuttery playback on HD videos. AirVideo running on iOS doesn't have this issue.

I'm not sure why inmethod refuses to product such a client or even discuss it but there's a huge demand for it out there including a very large base of customers who purchased on iOS but moved to Android for a better platform.

Please produce an Android version.

Thanks.
Nekogami13

santiagodraco wrote:We really need an actual AirVideo client for Android. Mirage is "ok" but it doesn't properly talk to Airvideo so files aren't converted in realtime properly and you get very stuttery playback on HD videos. AirVideo running on iOS doesn't have this issue.

I'm not sure why inmethod refuses to product such a client or even discuss it but there's a huge demand for it out there including a very large base of customers who purchased on iOS but moved to Android for a better platform.

Please produce an Android version.

Thanks.

Here is a possible reason:
http://gigaom.com/2011/05/27/android-still-trails-ios-as-a-money-maker-for-devs/
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/appsblog/2012/jun/10/apple-developer-wwdc-schmidt-android
http://www.imore.com/ios-gamers-spend-times-android-players

Forum Index » Air Video General
Go to: