[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Air Video Server 2.2.7-update1 released  XML
Forum Index » Air Video Announcements
Admin

I'm pleased to announce that new Air Video Server version is available.

You can download it for Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows.

Changes since last stable release
- Better thumbnail generation
- Support for iPhone OS 4.0 (needs Air Video client 2.2.4)
- Improved playback for certain files
- Support for higher Font DPI on Windows Vista and 7
- Update1: Fixed browsing nested iTunes playlist (which have shown 0 items in previous release)
- Fixed 100% CPU usage when setting up port forwarding using NAT-PMP

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 08/24/2010 17:57:43

CJ_Iceman

[Avatar]

Dear Developers,

I put a tooth under my pillow this morning hoping that someday you would develop an app for ANDROID and a Microsoft Windows Client Application that could stream from your video server.

I see a HUGE market for this but the reason I am begging on my knees here is because I love your App and tell everyone about it. I LOVE IT. I have owned two generations of iPhones and have just recently switched to my new Sprint HTC EVO 4G that I absolutely LOVE. ANDROID needs Air Video, so please...develop one.

Thanks,

CJ

kachaffeous

Would it be possible to add the linux version to the Announcement threads (when applicable). Instead of having to read thru a 26 page long thread to find download links.

Thanks.
HotStuff2

[Avatar]

CJ_Iceman wrote:Dear Developers,

I put a tooth under my pillow this morning hoping that someday you would develop an app for ANDROID and a Microsoft Windows Client Application that could stream from your video server.

I see a HUGE market for this but the reason I am begging on my knees here is because I love your App and tell everyone about it. I LOVE IT. I have owned two generations of iPhones and have just recently switched to my new Sprint HTC EVO 4G that I absolutely LOVE. ANDROID needs Air Video, so please...develop one.

Thanks,

CJ

1. Not the right place to make this request. This is for ANNOUNCEMENTS.

2. This has been requested dozens (if not HUNDREDS) of times already.

3. Finally: NOT GONNA HAPPEN. Why? Because Android (or any other "smart phone" besides the iPhone) doesn't support the HTTP streaming protocol. which Air Video requires for it to work.

Which, if you had SEARCHED before posting this, or heck, even LOOKED AROUND FIRST, you'd have seen the many requests, and the same reply over and over, stating what I just said.

Hans Felsh
(ISC)² SSCP & CISSP®-ISSEP® certified
CWNP Alliance CWSP® certified
CompTIA A+®, Network+®, Server+™, and Security+™
Microsoft MCSA Security, MCSE Security
(These are just some of the many certs I've collected over the years.)

‟One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man.” ̶ Elbert Hubbard (1856-1915), American author, ‟A Message to Garcia”
AwwA

i have iphone 3gs with 4.0.1 OS. i have the latest client and the latest server. but i am unable to play the videos on the fly as i did on 3.1.3

please help
Admin

What exactly doesn't work?

Forum Index » Air Video Announcements
Go to: