[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Support for Portrait Viewing on iPad?  XML
Forum Index » Air Video General
AppleMobile

Admin,

Any plans to add support for portrait viewing when running Air Video on an iPad? You could provide this support in a format similar to the ABC Player. The video would be displayed on top of the screen and a list of files displayed below the video.

Please note that support for portrait viewing is not critical. However it would be nice... especially if you have happen to start-up Air Video in a portrait orientation.

Thanks.
Admin

Right now we have it marked as a "would be nice feature". It is likely to be implemented at some point, but unless there is big user demand for it there are more urgent features that we want to deliver first.
AppleMobile

Thanks for the quick response. Great App!
nac

So any updates on support for orientation?

Very annoying that you can't view content in portrait, especially with the device docked!
DarrenHD

Admin wrote:Right now we have it marked as a "would be nice feature". It is likely to be implemented at some point, but unless there is big user demand for it there are more urgent features that we want to deliver first.

I am a user demanding portrait mode.. It's absolutely stupid that I can't use Air Video _at all_ when my iPad is docked in my keyboard dock.

Please add it! My hair is already grey reading user requests months ago and still you don't implement this...geez.
deanhuff

Add me as a user who really, REALLY would like portrait video so i can watch videos while docked. I agree that movies are best viewed in landscape but apple doesn't make docks that do lanscape (yet)
AltDimension

I'd like to add my name to the list of people who REALLY want a portrait mode.
Doesn't even have to be for selecting video's! Just for fullscreen viewing and I'd be happy.
shmooland

Me too please ... I didn't even fathom that it couldn't understand portrait mode until after I'd paid my money...

Ted.
PleasePleasePlease

I would like to see this as well.
Perplexer

I just purchased Air Video for my iPad and was unpleasantly surprised that the player doesn't offer portrait mode viewing. That's how I very often watch videos and as it is, I'm not really happy with this program. Every video player I have tried allows you to view videos in portrait so I don't understand why Air Video does not. While docked, this player is useless. I hope it will be added soon.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 03/10/2012 01:55:44

Admin

I am ware this is an issue and it will be addressed.
Jacques

Admin wrote:I am ware this is an issue and it will be addressed.

I've been asking for Portrait view from the week of the release of this app, I'm glad to see your post Admin!

Here's my vote to enable full rotation of the iOS device, I'd like to have the choice to watch in Portrait and Landscape modes - absolutely.

Great app, I've recommended it to many dozens of times..

Jacques
Jacques

Another fast thought:

If it's difficult or takes too much time to implement the controls and so on in Portrait - just make it a simple player only. ANYTHING to have it working as playback. Even simple playback.

This can be done quickly and you've had requests for a LONG time. Please, implement this for the little folks.. =)

Jacques
Izzyzy

Admin wrote:I am ware this is an issue and it will be addressed.

I've seen this said multiple times now, but I've also seen customer asking for you to implement Portrait Orientation Playback since the week this app was first released. It's obvious to me that you're only saying it will "be addressed" to keep people quiet. It's just the orientation of you App. You're going to tell me the two months since you last said it'd "be addressed" wasn't enough time for even a yes or no answer if it was possible or if it's coming?

I'm really disappointed that I spent money on an app that doesn't do what it's intended to do. Great, I can stream video to my iPad while I hold it in landscape orientation. What about being able to play watch video any of the times I'm unable to spare a hand to hold the pad upright, or when it's sitting conveniently in its dock while I do things like cooking or working in the garage? You know - at least 50% of the time this app would be useful?

I can't recommend this app to friends or to anyone because it only does half of what it should and the developers seem to have no intention of ever improving it or being honest to their customers.

This is NOT a "would be nice" feature. This is a "what the app should have been doing from Day 1" feature.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 05/13/2012 06:18:44

Izzyzy

The app hasn't even gotten a minor update in almost 6 months now.

It's obvious you don't care anymore since you already have our money.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/23/2012 03:22:43

Forum Index » Air Video General
Go to: