[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Suggestion : iPad with iPhone as a remote control  XML
Forum Index » Air Video General
bhbloom

I too would like this.
durzoblint

Yes, I too would greatly love this feature. I was restricted to the bed for a month after surgery and AirVideo on the iPad saved my mind. I was able to watch movies (mkv) that are on my terrabyte external HDD by streaming them through my laptop that is plugged into the external HDD via eSata all because you guys are awesome.

When I want to watch one of the movies on my TV, I:
1. Copy the mkv movie file to my laptop's small SSD
2. Start VLC on the laptop. (either with no movie playing, or with the movie I copied paused at the beginning)
3. Unplug the laptop and move to the TV
4. Plug a power cable and HDMI into the laptop.
5. Sit on the couch and control the laptop's VLC app with my iPhone via the VLC remote application.
6. Unplug the Laptop when the movie is over.
7. Delete the mkv movie file from the laptop's SSD (if I remember)
8. Optionally copy another movie to watch... having to move the laptop again, plug it in . blah blah blah...

Now that's one sucky user usage story.

Next week I will be getting an iPad 2 and it would seriously simplify my movie watching situation if I was able to leave my laptop alone and:
1. Pick up the ultra portable iPad and plug it into the TV (no battery cable needed).
2. Sit on the couch and control the iPads AirVideo app with my iPhone via an as yet uncreated AirVideo Remote Controller for iPhone.
3. Optionally watch another movie by immediately selecting a new movie to stream from my laptop AirVideo Server to my iPad with my iPhone remote.

Please please please create this feature.

BTW I love your app, your application really really helped me recover from my surgery, thanks guys!
stevo99

To be able to use my itouch to remote control air video on my ipad - even a puse and resume feature - would be icing on an already huge cake! PLEASE MAKE IT SO
barndog

I do daily Keynote presentations with my Power Book & project it on a big screen. I would like to eliminate the big Power Book with an iPad 2 and control the iPad with my iPhone 4 as a remote to control the Keynote presentation. I assumed you could already do this since I currently do this with the "Remote" app to control my Power Book?
EtienneT

+1, would love that feature. Would even pay for a new app in the app store just for the remote.
bobcat2112

This feature already exists on an app called video stream and works well (it also displays the UI menu on the TV which is a neat touch)
That said I prefer the smoothness and reliability of airvideo on playback so would love to see this feature in a future update. Pleeeeeeease!
ericprieto

If AirVideo had a small webserver offering some functions, like playback control, directory listing, etc... Anyone could make a webapp for remote control. It's really sad to leave the comfort of my sofa
ncaissie

I would love this option.
I have a helicopter game that plays on my Ipad 2 and controls with my iphone and ipod touch. It works great and when I hook up the ipad to the TV it is pretty much a console.
Air video support would be awesome.
nasomi

I'll revive this thread. I haven't requested it because I hadn't thought of it. And I don't own an iphone. But I'm buying one this weekend, verizon finally wore me down. We go down to the beach house and there's no cable because we're never there, so we use the ipad with air video, but we have to keep getting up! Stupid lazy american syndrome. However, what method of communication exists between an ipad and an iphone? Or would you send the input from the iphone to the air video server, which would then push the request to be performed on the ipad device?
ncaissie

You install the air video on your iPad and iPhone. Then install the server software on the pc or Mac. You can then watch all movies you have on your pc or Mac on the iOS devices.
You simply add the folder path of all your movies/tv shows in the server app.

You only need to buy air video once if you use the same account on all of your iOS devices.

I have an android phone and want to get the app for my phone. but it doesn't look like they even read these forums. Nice support hey?
nasomi

The admin is quite active on here actually. It works on ios devices. Did you even read what this thread is about?
Admin

ncaissie wrote:You install the air video on your iPad and iPhone. Then install the server software on the pc or Mac. You can then watch all movies you have on your pc or Mac on the iOS devices.
You simply add the folder path of all your movies/tv shows in the server app.

You only need to buy air video once if you use the same account on all of your iOS devices.

I have an android phone and want to get the app for my phone. but it doesn't look like they even read these forums. Nice support hey?

Well, I have over 6000 posts, so I do watch the forums, but I'm unable to respond to every single message, especially on topics that were already answered many times.
ncaissie

Thanks but im not about to sift through 6000 post fot an answer when 20 other peope are wondering the samething.
I guess I will just have to find an alternative.

Thanks
Admin

Well, answer to this is that remote control of iPad with iPhone is something that we want to deliver in future, but it's not a high priority feature currently we need to address other issues.
ncaissie

What issues? It works perfectly.

Forum Index » Air Video General
Go to: