[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Download files to iPhone for later viewing?  XML
Forum Index » Air Video General
scs32

I was thinking the same thing re: in app purchase. However, i'd be willing to pay more than $.99.
ethangk

I have been looking everywhere for this feaure. This would perfect the app.

I think having it exclusively in the paid version would be better though, as it provides even more incentive to buy the app. You could maybe even push the price of the app up a little.
rob151515

I'd happily pay for a feature like this as an in app purchase.
slaggg

I agree! This would be my most-desired feature. The idea of caching just a few movies would be fine.

My scenario is the same as others - when traveling, would like to buffer a few videos while at home or in the hotel room. Could then watch them while on the airplane or whatever.

This would be a completely awesome feature, and I too would pay for an upgrade for it. I would definitely pay more than $0.99 - such a low price. Even one rented movie from apple is $5. this feature would be far more useful than that.
Wolf0x

This would be a awesome feature and very useful for airplane journeys etc. Please add this at some point
Twit1977

+1
cytoxman

Add me to wanting this!!!!

Goodreader, airsharing, ezshare all allow you to transfer files and store locally. Including mp4 files.
meagain

+1

In the meantime, I didn't realize one could transfer videos from Air Video to Goodreader for later watching. :o
Would anyone be so kind as to point me in the right direction for an instruct as to how to do this? I've searched and am not getting it.
kerby2000

Agreed, to my opinion it it the #1 priority new feature
Steffo

I too would really love to see tis feature! I can't think of any other added functionality that would be more useful.
I hope to see this functionality sooner rather than later. Thanks for a great product!
katdiva

My bad for not understanding... I bought this app on iTunes because I thought it converted all video formats for the iPhone... so I queued up tons of videos, only to realize that I can't play then without the server! So if I'm away from home, it's useless. What a bummer! I'm brokenhearted. I really thought that was the whole purpose of this app! Otherwise, why even do it if you have the vids on your PC or MacBook?
Admin

The primary purpose of Air Video is to stream the videos over network. For that you need to have network access to your computer. Secondary feature is file conversion. However if you want to sync the converted file you still have to use iTunes. (However Air Video can make it lot easier by adding the file to iTunes for you).
LilMikey

I'm also registering to request this feature. My video library is huge, mostly mkv, and stored on an HTPC separate from where my iTunes library lives. Pushing all of those videos into iTunes is one of the problems Air Video solves for me. Would love to be able to pick and choose which videos exist on the device and have AirVideo automatically transcode and store them. In app purchase, premium version, whatever... I'd gladly pay for the privilege.

On that note, I agree with other comments that the app is under priced. I certainly appreciate getting a deal however I'd love to see more money->more manpower going toward such a great app. Give me a donate link and I'll put it to use.

Thanks again for an awesome application.

Mike
JasonMc

Why wouldn't you just convert it, add it to iTunes then sync it to your device? This feature is clear duplication of existing functionality.
solipsist

JasonMc wrote:Why wouldn't you just convert it, add it to iTunes then sync it to your device? This feature is clear duplication of existing functionality.

You can queue videos for conversion using AVS and then manually sync them using USB using iTunes but it's annoying and takes a lot of time. The fact that AVS puts the converted file in the same directory as the original file makes it even worse. I've done this a couple of times so I know. I'd rather not do it.

iTunes doesn't support syncing over the air. That means you can't sync movies while being away from your computer and you're forced to use iTunes and copy files et c. Annoying! The way I picture this would be to allow queuing content for offline viewing. Instead of the video being streamed to your device it would be converted and copied in realtime. Queue some movies and clips, wait an hour or two and you're done.

It would be a killer feature.

Forum Index » Air Video General
Go to: