[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
iOS 4.2 beta - does not play Video  XML
Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
cladmonitor

Admins are real charmers here...

"We Know this"

and

"Of Course"
RustyKnight

Firstly, these guys got access to the beta the same time you did
Secondly, this is probably 1 of 3-4 beta releases apple will put out over the coming weeks
Thirdly, the problem may lie in th os directly (hence the reason it's a beta)
Fourthly, whle I'm sure these guys will endevour to correct the issue as soon as they can, it is unrealistic to think they will realese a version before the final beta or gold master is available
Fifthly, if it is such a tragic problem, I suggest you downgrade back to the previous release of the os, as I am about to do
Sixthly, I would prefer these guys spent their time improving/fixing the problem rather then spending it writing highly descriptive replies to your questing when it is obviously not required

Excuse me while I downgrade
cladmonitor

Downgrade I did but would have been nice to hear .. hmm maybe...

"Sorry guys this is an internal OS issue hopefully will be fixed on next iOS Beta release"
or
"Hey thanks for the replies we are working to get this resolved, we have identified the issue and will be sending an update for approval within a few days"

If the App was free then maybe wouldn't get my panties in a wad but its a charged app, so no sense to get a passive aggressive response when we post that there is an issue. Maybe I'm wrong but that's my 2 cents.
balexandre

+1 cladmonitor
Phanguy

cladmonitor wrote:Downgrade I did but would have been nice to hear .. hmm maybe...

"Sorry guys this is an internal OS issue hopefully will be fixed on next iOS Beta release"
or
"Hey thanks for the replies we are working to get this resolved, we have identified the issue and will be sending an update for approval within a few days"

If the App was free then maybe wouldn't get my panties in a wad but its a charged app, so no sense to get a passive aggressive response when we post that there is an issue. Maybe I'm wrong but that's my 2 cents.

You paid for an app that wasn't designed with iOS in mind. Yes other apps work but that doesn't mean every app will. That's like buying a car and complaining that it can't fly when some company releases a flying prototype. You've decided to run the beta and by doing so you are subject to bugs and reduced functionality. That's why it's supposed to only be for developers.

It's also a beta. Betas have been known to have reduced functionality. There's a possibility that this app would have worked fine on the final version of 4.2.
balexandre

Phanguy wrote:
You paid for an app that wasn't designed with iOS in mind. Yes other apps work but that doesn't mean every app will. That's like buying a car and complaining that it can't fly when some company releases a flying prototype. You've decided to run the beta and by doing so you are subject to bugs and reduced functionality. That's why it's supposed to only be for developers.

It's also a beta. Betas have been known to have reduced functionality. There's a possibility that this app would have worked fine on the final version of 4.2.

I don't think that all messages on this topic are related to what the app needs to be, but how the developer communicates with the community regarding it.

We all know that an update will eventually come, and while iOS 4.2 is in beta, it would probably not the time to get an update, we do get that point. We just took the opportunity to give some feedback on it as if I was the developer would love to have, a lease "I" would know that many are using the app and follow all steps along the way.

It's the cold and grasp replies from the developer that most of us were concern/not fun of/sad.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/18/2010 17:15:33

edrikk

cladmonitor wrote:Admins are real charmers here...

"We Know this"

and

"Of Course"

Well, WTF else do you want/think? The guy said he knows about the issue... You think he's just going to leave it be?
Come on man!

You're running BETA OS. The issue is probably a change caused by the Beta OS which the client has to take care of... So: 1) It will get fixed by the dev. 2) After it is submitted to Apple, expect a 1-2 week wait before it's available in iTunes.

edrikk

cladmonitor wrote:If the App was free then maybe wouldn't get my panties in a wad but its a charged app, so no sense to get a passive aggressive response when we post that there is an issue. Maybe I'm wrong but that's my 2 cents.

You spent less than a Starbucks coffee on the App. Relax.
palaemon

How about "Wow! Glad I got a reply AT ALL."

Admin

Guys, really. The reason for this beta releases is to give app developers chance to keep up with API changes. It's not meant for general usage. Also we have submitted an bugfix update to AppStore before the beta was released (so the update doesn't reflect the changes). Now if we pull the update and replace it wit another one, it will get to the end of review queue again.
ozsmac

So from what I can see, you fantastic chaps have already started working on (or perhaps completed) revised code for iOS 4.2 for iPad/iPhone, THIS IS FANTASTIC!

Very much appreciate that we are running beta firmware, hence no expectation of support at all, yet still you are working hard to release a compatible version.

Great stuff & thanks from Australia (however on Holiday in Bali right now!).

Steve
Pducharme

Admin: Just to let you know, I also tried AirVideo on my iPhone 4 (on ios 4.2) and it's working great !!! It's only on iPad (ios 4.2) that it doesn't play !
MojoDK

cladmonitor wrote:Admins are real charmers here...

"We Know this"

and

"Of Course"

+1
Burningchrome

Admin wrote:Guys, really. The reason for this beta releases is to give app developers chance to keep up with API changes. It's not meant for general usage. Also we have submitted an bugfix update to AppStore before the beta was released (so the update doesn't reflect the changes). Now if we pull the update and replace it with another one, it will get to the end of review queue again.

Double +1

Seriously guys. Us Regular joes are not even supposed to have 4.2 yet. As the admin stated a beta release is meant to allow devs to to verify compatability etc.. Let's do them a favor and let them do that.
peace

cheesy211

We know this.

Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
Go to: