[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Air Video to Apple TV  XML
Forum Index » Air Video General
adnixon

I have an iPhone 4 iOS4.3 and Apple TV2 'also updated with the Airplay software' the only connectivity I get between AirVideo and the Apple TV2 is Audio what is the magic streaming Video from either an iPhone or iPad also at iOS 4.3. As a matter of interest I have no problems streaming YouTube from the iPhone. Ant..
Admin

Make sure you have latest server beta

http://inmethod.com/forum/posts/list/3039.page
adnixon

Absolute magic thanks for the prompt response.. Ant..
hh83917

aldo_ellul wrote:
hh83917 wrote:AirVideo and iOS4.3 + AppleTV2 = Best thing since sliced bread!!!
I can stream basically any video format, including realplayer (rmvb) files, to AppleTV2 via airplay! Amazing!
AirVideo is probably the best investment I've made on the iTunes App Store.

That sounds great. Does live conversion work too? what about the Video quality, is it same as the original file or due to the live conversion it would be of a lesser quality?

Thanks
Aldo

Yes, I was doing live conversion while streaming to AppeTV2 as the same time.

However, when I was playing my 1080P MKV files (with the highest bitrate 5120kbit/s), it would stream for 5 minutes or so then stop, then AirVideo basically stop working. Well, the iPad App still works, it's not frozen, but browsing to different folders and doing any live conversion of other videos gave me a black screen. To fix it I had to stop and start the AirVideo Server on my Mac then it will work again, for 5 minutes, then same thing happens. So I guess it's AirVideo Server that's not stable and causing problems. And the AirVideo Server I am using is the latest 2.4.5-beta5. I hope they are able to do something about it in the next beta version.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/12/2011 08:44:36

shamanstar

I am new and just got my iPad and apple tv yesterday- I am wondering if you can multitask on the ipad after you start the video that you want to stream to the appletv? Basically, I want to be able to use my ipad while I am also streaming to apple tv.
If thats possible, I think this app has solved my problems! Thanks for the reply.
Admin

It will be possible after Apple approves Air Video 2.4.6 update.
mrinternet

It will be possible after Apple approves Air Video 2.4.6 update.

Wow that will be great, now that air video works with apple TV so well (life changing really)
I was going to have to consider buying another device like a touch just as a remote device so I can still use my iPad

I also have a bit of an issue engaging the air play from air video (have to switch to a video then back to the one I want on initial use each time)
Is that already being addressed in 2.4.6 or was I alone in that one ?

Thanks again for a great product, I am getting hundreds of hits on my blog review of your updates, so hope it is transpiring into sales for you

http://bit.ly/air-video-rocks

regards

twitter @mr_internet

Forum Index » Air Video General
Go to: