[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Air Video Server 2.1.8-beta5 released  XML
Forum Index » Air Video Announcements
salvop

Hi,

AirVideo Server keeps hanging on quit on Snow Leopard.
I need to use activity monitor to force quit it.

This problem was not present in 2.1.7.

Regards
Admin

There is experimental build of the next beta (it's not the next beta though).

It should fix the problems with freezing on Leopard and Snow Leopard. Let me know if it works better for you

http://www.mediafire.com/file/kegyzmtznnt/Air Video Server 2.1.8-beta6e4.dmg

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/20/2009 11:04:03

salvop

Admin wrote:There is experimental build of the next beta (it's not the next beta though).

It should fix the problems with freezing on Leopard and Snow Leopard. Let me know if it works better for you

http://www.mediafire.com/file/kegyzmtznnt/Air Video Server 2.1.8-beta6e4.dmg

This build works normally.
MagneticPortal

I was having a problem accessing the server through the internet, so I looked to see if there was an update to the version I had.
Noticed the beta, so decided to give it a try.
After installing it, the test for Internet connectivity gives back the message "You Air Video Server instance is accessible from internet."
Decided to drop you a suggestion to change the error message to something a bit less ethnic.... such as "Your Air Video......"
Admin

Thank you. Message will be fixed in next update.
david007c

ohh... you didn't add SMI support??? i thought this beta was never working... plz add it. It's urgent!!!
Admin

Sorry, SMI support will not be added in next beta (or 2.1.9 for that matter). Can't you convert your subtitles to different format?
phoenix

I use urusoft subtitle workshop a lot when dealing with subtitles , syncing , converting , makeing em addable to mkv's.

have a look here :
http://www.urusoft.net/home.php?lang=1

I believe smi is supported
david007c

okay now i converted smi to srt... when i play the vid the subtitle became squares... Do you know anything about that?
phoenix

try checking the SAMI language extractor in the tools menu , and the language options to the left of the main screen , im sure youll figure it out with a little trial and error.
david007c

sorry dude... i was using vobsub and didn't work... okay i downloaded subtitle workshop 4 from your web you mentioned... i opened my smi sub now what should i do to convert it to srt?
phoenix

It depends what language it is in , if it's just english , simply selecting save as and another format that is supported would work , make sure you can read the text in the bottom part if tha main window. If some characters seem unreadable there , on the left side there's a pulldown listbox with some options. In the tools menu up top there's alwso a SAMI language extractor tool you can use if needed.

Try stuff out for a bit ok , and try to have a fun time figuring it out. This isn't easy stuff.

Regards

Phoenix.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/23/2009 21:38:17

david007c

the sub is in korean and mine is vista... still square... no idea what i did wrong
phoenix

I downloaded a Korean SMI for a movie i had in English.

Loaded the SMI in subtitle workshop.
On the left side of the screen selected Hangeul .(this is probably only for display purpouses in subtitle workshop)

Saved as Subrip .srt

Named the file the same as the movie IE somefile.mkv and in the same dir somefile.srt

In airvideo server I selected subtitle font : BatangChe
Default encoding : Korean(windows)

Preferred language 1. Korean

and then played using airviodeo , and this is what i got:

Does this look like Korean to you? cause i have no idea what Korean looks like ..

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 11/23/2009 23:13:38

sexymiru

phoenix wrote:I downloaded a Korean SMI for a movie i had in English.

Loaded the SMI in subtitle workshop.
On the left side of the screen selected Hangeul .(this is probably only for display purpouses in subtitle workshop)

Saved as Subrip .srt

Named the file the same as the movie IE somefile.mkv and in the same dir somefile.srt

In airvideo server I selected subtitle font : BatangChe
Default encoding : Korean(windows)

Preferred language 1. Korean

and then played using airviodeo , and this is what i got:

Does this look like Korean to you? cause i have no idea what Korean looks like ..

Thanks for your support! It works fine!

Forum Index » Air Video Announcements
Go to: