[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Android Support Please  XML
Forum Index » Air Video General
thegeekfr

Hy there.

I've just made an account in order to give my support to get an android version of air video !
Please, we are a lot of users with an android phone ( and a good number from an iphone or/and with an ipad ).

It's why, of course, we know your so lovely application !

So please, made us this android one, i can't wait any longer to watch my videos on my android phone.

So, go for it, and you will have much much customers on for your application !
Venomelite

I also want this within the Android market. I am a current iPhone 3g user with the app and when I move to the Incredible later this month I would love to see this app waiting for me!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/02/2010 23:49:37

Mista2

I'd love this to be cross platform. It does a fantastic job of playing and transcoding on my old Mac Mini and really fills the gap in iTunes with no streaming, but I'd love it if it could be accessed from other clients too. Even a simple HTML5 interface would be great, or at least a client for XBox, PS3 and Android
Huge potential here!
conanandre

Just went from iphone to htc desire, please give android support.

Had this on my iphone and loved it.
braaam

+1 for android support.
ksnyder0

+1 here too!
dallasfever

Made a account just to say please port to Android for 2.1 devices. Droid, NEXUS, EVO........That would be a very good investment due to the state of the android market and a app of this magnitude to penetrate the market and increase another source of revenue form something the developer already knows how to create!

PS i have Ipad i don't know if there is a air music, but would be nice to incorporate music into the app. There are already apps that do just music but for one to due both would be great.
dannycurtean

I just signed up also to petition for an Android port. It would be a significant move as Android is the only other competitor to iPhone OS and will soon overtake it. It is a much superior and OPEN system, and it has done more in 1 year then iDevices have in 5 - create an open source community with a device that can replace your laptop.

It would be wise of you to port and sell as well as a great profit and a sound investment in your company's future.
yawamo

Oh yes, please. For my type of smartphone usage, this would be the single best thing to come to the Android. This is the only thing that's making me consider getting the iPhone. Please, please, please develop one for android. This would be so effin' great on the HTC Desire.

Admin, devs? Please, at least reply to this thread, so we know what your plans are, and we won't be left wondering in a dark corner whether or not you plan to develop this.

Thank you.
aroncey

Air Video on Android PLease it would make android even better any even if it is already better that iphone OS it would just make the gap bigger
TheMostToys

+1
Steffest

Heya,

I fiddled around a bit with the Air video server protocol and it generates m3u8 playlist with lots of small (50 seconds) .ts files which are h264/AVC video files encoded with http://www.videolan.org/developers/x264.html
While it would be fairly easy (but lame) to create an android app or desktop client that mimics the Airvideo client, those files still wont play on an android device with the standard media player. (I also couldn't get them to play directly in a HTML5 browser)
My best hope would be Coreplayer for Android, that would play these files but then again, Coreplayer most probably would also directly stream most other video formats like divx so the need for Airvideo would be far less.

the point being - porting this to Android would require some additional work on the server side, which is probably not something the Air video team has on the top of its todo-list.
Just porting the client to Android would not work.
electribe

Steffest wrote:
[...]
Just porting the client to Android would not work.

Well, that's tech talk. The signers of this petition like to see a working pendant on the android platform.

By the way... how about Bada?
Reoryn

Another sign up to add my support to this thread. Love having access to my video library on my iPhone. Planning to switch to Android in the next month or so though, much as I love my iPhone, finally got fed up of no flash etc. Would very much like to see this on Android, so I can keep impressing friends
HotStuff2

[Avatar]

I think I posted this somewhere else, but I haven't sait it here: Air Video won't work on Android - period. Why? The Android OS doesn't support HTML streaming, which is what Air Video uses. The iPhone does.

Ergo, until (and that's an if, actually) the Android OS supports HTML streaming, Air Video won't be coming to the Android OS.

Hans Felsh
(ISC)² SSCP & CISSP®-ISSEP® certified
CWNP Alliance CWSP® certified
CompTIA A+®, Network+®, Server+™, and Security+™
Microsoft MCSA Security, MCSE Security
(These are just some of the many certs I've collected over the years.)

‟One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man.” ̶ Elbert Hubbard (1856-1915), American author, ‟A Message to Garcia”

Forum Index » Air Video General
Go to: