[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Air Video Server 2.1.8-beta6 released  XML
Forum Index » Air Video Announcements
djhan

tjtm wrote:
2.1.8 beta 5 is play well. Subtitle is good. but subtitle size is very small.
next ver, I want control to subtitle size in air video.and smi format is supported. srt format not used in korea.

I love this app.

I'm Korean, too.

I tested b6 version for Mac. It's very good.
but subtitle size is too smal. Also I wanna supporting of SMI format. SMI is most popular subtitle format in korea

Thanks, good luck.
kjekor

I have installed it and it's working great so far.
No problems - have both tried "internal network/WLAN" and "external 3G" connections.
Have 2 folders setup - both PC-internal as well as a "NAS-folder" on my QNAP NAS.

Have you guys any plans to make this work as a integrated application within QNAP?
If you are not aware of it - it is the most sold NAS-application (www.qnap.com) and there
are several applications now "integrated" on the NAS, such as "Joomla", "Slimserver/Squeezebox", "Wordpress" etc.
To have the possibility to stream videos to the Iphone directly from the NAS would be great, without
the need to a PC running the Air Video Server SW.
Or are there severe processor considerations here?

Anyway - a great application - Thanx !!!!
Admin

The biggest problem with running on a NAS is that generally the CPU powering NAS is nowhere near powerful enough to perform a live conversion.
Fome

Subtitles work wonderfully now. Is there currently a way to also disable subtitles? I think it would be convenient if it could be enabled or disabled in the "conversion settings" menu, or even better, if they could be turned on and off on the fly.
Admin

Hi,

in next Air Video client update there will be way to disable subtitles in conversion settings. Right now it is possible to disable loading embedded subtitles. Go to the Subtitles tab, set all languages to "None" and make sure that "Disable embeddeded subtitles if no language matches" is checked.
AlexPro

I don't quite know if it's my imagination. It seems that I have more connection lost / buffering on 2.1.8 beta X

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/07/2009 15:34:12

Admin

The beta version shouldn't really make any difference in this regards. Is that on 3G? It's more likely caused by network conditions, 3G tends to be quite unstable.
netenken1

i found a issue that should be fix...

after I watch some media file, these file will all be locked (can't be rename ...etc) by air video, so I need to manual shutdown air server , these files will be unlocked...
Admin

Hi,

that shouldn't happen if you finish the playback by tapping "Done". Otherwise Air Video Server doesn't get any notification that playback is finished and it hold the live conversion state as if playback was paused.
vegeta13613

I want to let you know that I am absolutely loving this program. I was slightly disappointed when I noticed it didn't have subtitle support, but I see you already fixed that. I have one little problem with the program, however. I have a large collection of video files spread out on six 1-TB external drives. I added all the drives to the server, but I see it just adds the drive letter, not the drive label (this is understandable). This makes things confusing for me. I am used to opening the drive labeled TV #-F if I want to watch and episode of 24 or Futurama, now I have to remember the drive letter or spend my time looking through every drive to find the correct one (and wait while the drives "wake up.") Is there any way you could add in an option to edit the names of the shared folders? I'm getting my seventh harddrive soon so things are just going to get more confusing for me.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/08/2009 18:12:20

Admin

Hi,

try double clicking on the shared folder name.
vegeta13613

Admin wrote:Hi,

try double clicking on the shared folder name.

Ah, sorry about that. Very good. I tried that, but I must have clicked on the wrong spot or something.
dantegf

AlexPro wrote:I don't quite know if it's my imagination. It seems that I have more connection lost / buffering on 2.1.8 beta X

I am having the same problem, I use a desktop with all my videos connected via lan to my N d-link router which in turn connects to my iphone via WIFI, I am not using 3G, I'm watching a video and then after 3 mins the screens blacks out and does not come back.
Admin

dantegf wrote:
AlexPro wrote:I don't quite know if it's my imagination. It seems that I have more connection lost / buffering on 2.1.8 beta X

I am having the same problem, I use a desktop with all my videos connected via lan to my N d-link router which in turn connects to my iphone via WIFI, I am not using 3G, I'm watching a video and then after 3 mins the screens blacks out and does not come back.

What do you mean? Does the video stop playing or the application freezes?
dantegf

Admin wrote:
dantegf wrote:

What do you mean? Does the video stop playing or the application freezes?

Video stops playing and does not come back, the application does not freeze

Forum Index » Air Video Announcements
Go to: