[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Cannot connect to Local Host  XML
Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
Faterson

Xuquan wrote:Ok, I was playing around with the exception list on ESET since it's really complicating especially when I didn't want to mess any Firewall settings...

In the end, I got it working with ESETs personal firewall being activated.

Admin, if you wish for me to post a guide on how-to do this setting on ESET for any future ESET users, let me know.

M_A_C wrote:Can you please post this info? I can't figure out how to make it work without disabling the firewall completely. Thanks!

I just had to struggle with this as well, and because Xuquan didn't post his guide on how to create an exception for AirVideo for NOD / Eset Smart Security Firewall, here is what you need to do:

1. Open the NOD / ESET Smart Security window
2. Click on Setup in the left-hand menu panel
3. Click on Personal firewall under Setup
4. On the right-hand side, click on Advanced Personal firewall setup...
5. A pop-up window will appear, with the Personal firewall menu item selected on the left. On the right under Filtering mode, make sure to select Automatic mode with exceptions (user-defined rules)
6. On the left again, click on Rules and zones
7. On the right in the Zone and rule editor section, click the Setup... button
8. Yet another dialog window will pop up, with the Rules tab selected. Click the New button.
9. You guessed it... Yet another window pops up, with 3 tabs in it. On the General tab, enter AirVideo in the Name field.
10. Under Action, you can see Deny. Change that to Allow.
11. Now switch to the Local tab, and click the Add port... button.
12. Naturally, still another mini-window pops up! Enter 45631 in the Number: field and press the OK button.
13. In the Application section, press the Browse... button and go to where AirVideo is installed on your computer, then double-click the AirVideoServer.exe file. For example, for me on Windows XP, the default location is c:\Program Files\AirVideoServer\AirVideoServer.exe
14. Press the OK button to close this New Rule: dialog window.
15. Press the OK button to close the Zone and rule setup dialog window.
16. Press the OK button to close the ESET Smart Security settings window.
17. Close the main NOD / ESET Smart Security window.

Sheesh! I certainly wish ESET made it easier for users to add firewall exceptions, but for now (October 2010), this is what you get. AirVideoServer works flawlessly after you set up this firewall exception. (Note: I've only tried local WiFi for now.)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 10/10/2010 02:29:34

Shadow000Ninja

I have found that those with the antivirus ESET or NOD32 are having difficulty with connecting. I have discovered how to make the connection work!

1. open ESET
2. At the bottom left click on standard mode (change)
3. now that your in advanced mode click on setup > then personal firewall
4. click on advanced firewall setup and make sure the box says automatic with exceptions.
5. Click ok then click on configure zones and rules > NEW > Name it whatever you want (i used "Air Video"
6. Direction Both, Action Allow, TCP and UDP,
7. check LOG, Go to the local tab, Add port, name is FTP-data, Number is your air video port(by default 45631)
8. for application, find your air video application. (NOT THE SHORTCUT)
9. Go to the remote tab, click on add ipv4, type in the ip address of your ipod or iphone.
10. Click ok then Apply, Ok again and your done!!!!

For different Antivirus or firewall protections, in your firewall settings make a rule to allow your ipods ip address to access port 45631(or custom) to exceptions for network traffic.

If i helped you please leave me an email at
Shadow000Ninja@hotmail.com with the subject "Air Video TY"
Dont send a message to my account on this forum because i will not come back to post more
i hope i helped, Good luck!!!

Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
Go to: