[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Air Video Server 2.1.8-beta9 released  XML
Forum Index » Air Video Announcements
santifer

Admin wrote:Hi,

I've posted New Build for OS X that should fix the problem with offline conversion hanging. Can you give it a try?

It runs smoothly now, it took 3 minutes to convert a 350 mb standard TV show avi file, with no hangs up at all.

I'll keep testing if I see anything unusual, but this is the only thing I've seen till now.

Greetings and thanks for the quick response.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/04/2010 14:24:51

santifer

santifer wrote:

I've posted New Build for OS X that should fix the problem with offline conversion hanging. Can you give it a try?

It runs smoothly now, it took 3 minutes to convert a 350 mb standard TV show avi file, with no hangs up at all.

I'll keep testing if I see anything unusual, but this is the only thing I've seen till now.

Greetings and thanks for the quick response.

I've seen it leaves a lot of trash in the same folder where the movie is being converted, as you can see in the picture.

[Thumb - Captura de pantalla 2010-01-04 a las 14.52.40.png]
 Filename Captura de pantalla 2010-01-04 a las 14.52.40.png [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 71 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  1137 time(s)

Admin

Hi,

that should be from the previous version - when the conversion hanged.
santifer

that should be from the previous version - when the conversion hanged.

You're right, I'm sorry.

It leaves no trash with this new build.

Greetings!
Admin

The other file is not a SRT file. It seems to be a MicroDVD sub format. Try renaming it to .sub and see if it works.
Admin

I'll test the file that you've posted. It might be a bug in Air Video Server. Note that Air Video Server will ignore the FPS in first line as the FPS is determined from the video file. In some rare cases this could be a problem - Air video server might not be able to determine the correct framerate.
Admin

Okay, sorry, it was a bug with our .sub loader. Will be fixed in next server update.
terminaut

Thanks for the quick response. I've updated to the new build and the transcoding now completes with success. One thing I did notice is that the estimated time is somewhat off, and at the end of the conversion it sat at 0 minutes for considerably longer than expected and I gave up on monitoring it. Not a big deal, though.
Admin

Yes, after the conversion is done Air Video needs to mux the video and audio streams together. That is rather hard to estimate though.
vladkiwi

Hi there, This has also been happening to me. I find that since I upgraded (to the 2.1.8 beta) I can't get any file to finish conversion. I've experimented with different quality settings, but the result is the same: the file hangs, and the hung file can't even be deleted from the queue (from the server or from the client side). I have to delete the conversion log in the application support folder for Airvideo to get rid of it. Will try the new build and report results.

This is how you can clean the queue:

Quit Air Video Server
Delete the <your-home-folder>Library/Application Support/AirVideoServer/conversionStatus2 file
Start Air VIdeo Server

is this reproduceable? Can you try converting the file again after this to see if it still happens? If so, can you post the offline conversion log for the file? Thanks.

Rather than that, I've deleted both Air Video Server and AirVideoServer folder in Application Support, and Reinstall it again.

I'm running on a iMac 27 core i7 with Snow Leopard.

But it stucks again, but this time, when i press "Stop current conversion and clear queue", the estimated time increased from 2m39s to 7m39s, and not cleaned the queue.

Then, with this fresh install and the first stuck I've done what you've said, Quit Air Video Server, delete that file, and start Air Video Server again (meanwhile, the iPhone app is always on), and then it stucked at the same point, but this time it didn't increase the estimated time.

See log1.rtf (Attachment below)

All of this have been made with the best quality:

Ideal Video Width: 640 px
Ideal Video Height: 480 px
Quality: 100%

Then I tried to use the existing "High Quality" profile and, even though the conversion times are not the same, it stucks again, adding this to the end of the log attached:

Conversion: FFVC#stop(false)
Conversion: av_interleaved_write_frame(): Error while opening file
Conversion: Received signal 15: terminating.
Conversion: Bad file descriptor

Happy new year to you all!
Admin

Have you tried the latest build? It was released yesterday. It should fix the offline conversion hanging.
airvideorocks

This is a wonderful app! totally rocks! Just tried this new beta, no hiccups so far...
Just one small minor problem, i noticed air video does not display hidden videos/ folders. Is it a intentional design or could this option be included in the subsequent release?
Admin

It is intentional.
airvideorocks

Thanks for the prompt reply...
Just like to find out if the live conversion lives behind files on ur iphone when it streams media onto your iphone? If so, what happens to the partial files if i watch the video halfway for live conversion?
Admin

There are no partial files created during live conversion.

Forum Index » Air Video Announcements
Go to: