[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Petition to create a desktop Air Video client for Windows/MAC OSX  XML
Forum Index » Air Video General
karobo

i made a account on the forum just for the ability to say: I VOTE YES!
Tikker

i was actually thinking the same thing. I'd like to be able to use a windows client as well
pheb62

Yes, pleeeeeze - create a client for Windows XP and above.

You could sell the license key by a "dummy app" over the app store maybe,
that would allow in-app buying a license key for a PC (or Mac) client.
iamse7en

I very much want a OSX client. I've tried streaming via VLC, Plex, and so on. But they all have their limitations. How in the hell is it easier on my phone via a simple app like Air Video?! I'm going to get an iPad JUST so that I can take my entire video collection with me wherever I go, then hook it up to any TV.
santiagodraco

I'd really love a Windows client myself.
thecha

Please make a Mac Client! I have a crap old G4 which can't play 720P so when I try to play it over the network it's quite disappointing... However with a Air Video client things would be peachy!

If the Air Video team isn't up for making a client you could create an open API and get someone else to make it!

-Matt
DumbTechDude

This is information to all, or perhaps I am wrong..

What you guys and myself are so impressed about how Air Video works may well placed too much credit to inmethod, but unknowingly though most of the credit is probably due to Apple Inc.

Most of of what you guys see on the client side is probably helped by the hardware acceleration that is inherent in all iPad, iPhone and iTouch products that helps HTTP streaming. I have EyeTV Elgato with turbo.264HD and streaming to the phone is simply amazing with 3G. Try that with a netbook, however, and it does not always work so well. There is a reason why Apple did not adopt Adobe flash and this is one of them. Their implementation is less resource dependent and it's great. If it depends on hardware acceleration as noted by Elgato for the iPhone or iPad, where is that hardware acceleration coming from your slow computer. There is a reason why Nvidia made the Nvidia Ion processor for HD viewing for PC netbooks as an option or the new Intel Core i series.

I have a dedicated PC streaming server myself running TVersity and Twonky Media and can serve rather well to any PC or Mac client using Adobe flash via a web browser. TVersity does live conversion like Air Video plus aggregate TV channels from Hulu and Netflix and if it weren't for my iPhone not being able to do Adobe flash, I would probably never consider Air Video at all. TVersity does music and photo serving as well. On a multimedia platform, every media server has strong and weak points. The strong point with Air Video is the fact that it does video streaming so well on the iPhone or iPad and there is nothing even remotely close to it, except Elgato EyeTV. But streaming on a big screen HDTV at 720p/1080p, I will stick with my PC DLNA/uPNP server and my player as I find they offer stronger options and the ability to watch them anywhere on a remote PC terminal.
mtnmarty

Pease add my vote for Win and OSX clients! Air Video exceeded my expectations on the iPhone, you have built a fantastic app!
tsammo

Yes, yes! That would be awesome to have the client on a laptop, especially Since iPad does not support video out on all but a few apps. I would love to pump out recorded shows to a projector!
joeman957

I would gladly pay for a Air Video client for Windows 7! I just downloaded Air Video for the iPad and it works flawlessly. Please consider making a client for PC and Mac!
pdxjim

I'll certainly purchase an OS X client. The MacBook still does its share of traveling.
actionj99

Add me to the list of those who'd be willing to pay for a browser client for Air Video. Great product and well worth the price for the iPad client.
jerns

as an active user of air video, add me to the list of people requesting an air video client for mac osx.

p.s. signed up to the forum for this sole post.
tylerdurden455

Count me in for buying a Windows client. Also, +1 on registering for the forum just so I could say so.
actionj99

actionj99 wrote:Add me to the list of those who'd be willing to pay for a browser client for Air Video. Great product and well worth the price for the iPad client.

I said "browser" client above, since I figured that would be the most compatible, but a Mac client would be ideal for my purposes.

Forum Index » Air Video General
Go to: