[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Air Video for iPad  XML
Forum Index » Air Video General
Admin

I think it should be enough. However most videos will not really use 1024x768 resolution, as their aspect ratio is going to be quite different.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/11/2010 16:53:57

commo

Quite honestly this will be the first App i install on my ipad april 3.
thisismatthewcrosby

So let me get this straight. I have a mac at home with all my movies on. So, with Air video, I'll be able to stream them to my iPad, and then in turn connect my ipad to LCD TV if ever I want to watch the movie on the big screen? What were you saying about seeking? will it mean i can't, for example, start playing a movie half way through?

Please tell me this is true. It's a core functionality that I want from an iPad. If I can't do this then I don't think I'll be getting one.
Admin

The seeking works but I can't really confirm the rest, until I can actually get my hands on one.
Dkhenkin

Any updates on the status of the iPad app getting approved? I'm really looking forward to it!
arckal

unitl now, its not there on AppStore, I'll it would arrive before weekend!
phillipsmn

Looking forward to AirVideo in iPad...I will say that the iPhone version is still very usable in 2x mode on the iPad (in case anyone was wondering).

"He is no fool who gives away what he cannot keep in order to gain what he cannot lose."
[WWW]
s4mb4

So AirVideo for iPad was submitted?
digitlnoize

s4mb4 wrote:So AirVideo for iPad was submitted?

Yes. They're just waiting for Apple to approve it and put it in the store...Lord only knows how long that might take...patience! Check the other iPad thread in this forum for more info (including screenshots)
tobin

Love the product. I can't wait for the iPad version. Kudos on the simplicity!
ankursingla

F**kers at Apple - Its been 6 days since submission!
infiniteloupe

Ok...some new and exciting news for you guys and a hope that this will light a fire under whoever is actually coding this piece of software. First, AirVideo works great on the iPad and supports resolutions greater than iPad will display. I'm encoding from 720x480 standard def DVD's to 1280x720 H.264 mp4's. The drive holding the movies is running from an external sata drive array. The AirVideo server works great. In range (meaning connected wirelessly to my own subnet withing my private IP space the movies look fantastic on the iPad. I'm talking HiDef viewing. There's no restriction in the resolution that AirVideo will play at that I can see. Outside my private IP space using wifi on the ipad from another location I get stutter and shutdown of the movie player when viewing without conversion. If I view with conversion (streaming real-time) the movies play well but at points are pixelated because of compression during the conversion, but they stream better. I know that the server does scale past a single user. I don't know how many can pull from the same server before causing problems but at least two can watch different movies without problems.

So there you have it. A real world experience with the current version of AirVideo on the iPad.

Now, in reality I have a ton of ideas that could be done with the interface for the app. The backend service of the server portion of the code is great and functions as should. The client side is nice for what's it's needed on an iPhone but just a little imagination and a few hours of playing with an iPad should convince you of the reality that this program could be something much, much more.

I'd like to hear more from the programmers about ideas. Want to talk somemore? How do we connect? This program is definitely working on the iPad. Give it a try. Even in the current state it works! The doubling of the display from iPhone to iPad apps is rather "dumb". It works but only as a reason to do it right. The iPad is going to be a "huge" consumer appliance going forward.

Looking forward to hearing comments from others about their experiences with the iPad now that it's out!!

jeromandine

Hi,

First of all, congratulation for your app, i'm a simple web developper and i'm really impressed with what you have done ( sorry for my frenchie english ).

I tested air video with my ipod touch and all is working fine except of rebuffering when i'm using a too high rate.

Is it possible to add a function to manage the legth of the buffer in live compression. I prefer to wait longer before the movie starts, and having less reloading issues.

I don't know if i'm clear

Thks for your answer,
Admin

Unfortunately we can't adjust buffer size. It's internal to iPhone Media Player component, we have no control over it.
jeromandine

OK, i understand. Continue your nice work !

Forum Index » Air Video General
Go to: