[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Air Video Server 2.2.5-beta2 released  XML
Forum Index » Air Video Announcements
AlexPro

There are few seconds missing at the end of every video in the live conversion.

Ex. I played a 45:00 video, but the player just jumped to main screen around 44:45.
luckman212

Hello,
with 2.25b2 (not sure if it also affects earlier versions) running on Win7 x64, i find that after playing video files, copies of ffmpeg that were spawned by airvideoserver.exe are left running. Also, sometimes the file handles are not closed, even long after the iphone client has disconnected. This makes it difficult to move or delete videos until you quit & relaunch airvideoserver.

screenshot.
harhar

2.2.5-b2 on OS X is also leaking file descriptors. Seems to be related to thumbnail generation for mkv files, after just browsing a few folders, all the
mkv files remain open according to lsof.
Admin

Sometimes Air Video Server doesn't close the video file when you quit the client during streaming without tapping the "Done" button. Could this be by any chance your case?
luckman212

It could be the case, yes!
I wonder if it is possible to have the airvideoserver.exe become aware that the iphone client is no longer streaming or connected? and thus would be able to close the video file after a period of inactivity?
Admin

The problem is, when iPhone gets locked it doesn't communicate. So we have no way of telling whether the iPhone is just locked or the Air Video isn't running at all.
luckman212

I guess it would be better to assume that if the phone gets locked, then it is safe to stop streaming the video and close the connection & file handle-- because am I wrong or is it not possible to watch video while the phone is locked? Or maybe I mis-understand what you are saying. Or is there a way for the airvideo iphone app to send a signal upon shutdown to the server (assuming it can get through via tcp) to say "bye bye" and ask the server to close any connections. I know of some apps that do things upon exit (pressing the home button) such as Talking Carl. So I guess there is some way to hook that function and 'do things' before the app fully closes.
Admin

iPhone can be locked, but Air Video is still running, just paused. However when you unlock the iPhone, you can resume playback. If we stop the stream server side the resume will not be possible.
Action on home button is possible, but the request to server is not always allowed (not really sure why, it should work in theory, we ask the server to close streams for the client, but the application is often terminated before this happens).
luckman212

is it possible to add a button to the GUI of the airvideoserver something like "close all streams & file handles" or something like that? so that at least it can be easily "reset" instead of quitting & re-launching the app.
harhar

In my case I didn't play any videos, only browsed some folders with mkv files in them. I took a closer look with dtruss, and to me it looks like the server opens the mkv file to check if it has subtitle tracks, and doesn't close the file afterwards. This happens only with mkv files, and only when there's no cached thumbnail.

A clip from dtruss output is here: http://pastebin.com/bjFizX9U. This happens right after the thumbnail is generated, and the file handle opened at open("/tmp/airvid/test.mkv\0", 0x0, 0x1B6) = 25 0 is never closed.
Admin

Good catch! Thanks, it will be fixed in next server release.
harhar

HTH and thanks for the awesome app!
mlongpre

Im not sure if its the server or client but i cant seem to use the conversion presets anymore. all i have when i go to the conversion setting menu on my ipod is a section to crop the video and add audio boost. also allows me to choose audio stream but no video presets. only a global conversion setting in the top menu bar. Any ideas?
Admin

It's the new client. Since Air Video has automatic quality control the conversion quality settings no longer make sense. In global conversion settings you can enable/disable certain bitrates. Air Video now adjusts video quality according to the bandwidth.
mlongpre

Gotcha.... the only problem i have now is that i would commonly use air video to convert my movies to play on my xbox360. And being able to set a 780 width video to keep its width for conversion was great. Now the largest it can be converted to is 640 i think? I understand that as the largest the ipod with play is 640. I guess im just a little bummed now that i cant use this to pick my conversion settings.

Forum Index » Air Video Announcements
Go to: