[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Air Video for Android Market?  XML
Forum Index » Air Video General
seanxpert

I googled and this is the highest rank post found by google and google didn't even find the other one that sjk pointed out, so I don't know what that jerk sjk is complaining about.

Anyway, it's been awhile and there is still no Android version? There are more Android smart phone now than apple!

ufomongo

Yes, an app for Android please.

Will gladly pay for it
FreddieTwo

Ok, I have had an iPhone 1 since it first came out. Love it, still in use but no longer a phone. Work has supplied me with an LG Android phone which really isn't an iPhone but it does the job we need at a price we want to pay. I crack open the phone and the first thing I go try to find in the "Market" (I guess AppStore was already taken) was Air Video.

I bought the server and Pro app for my old iPhone and blew the doors off some folks by showing off my 4Tb of videos streaming to my iPhone, through the wifi of another iPhone (a 4) in the middle of cottage country in Ontario. So, I am not willing to go get another server for my content, the one I have works fine and if I have to carry around my aging iPhone JUST for the Air Video app, I will. Run the wifi through my LG and watch the videos on my iPhone. My Beats connect to either phone just as well.

was going to download RedDonut till I read all the negative reviews. Will stick to what works. When I actually have to coin for an iPhone 5, I will get me one of those.
GunsNfknRoses

ag2twins wrote:@sjk - I signed up to this board to call you an ahole. There is no reason for you to act like a jerk because someone reposted a question that was already in the forum. You made this person aware of thier error and then you went overboard to be a jerk about it. You are more of an idiot for being such a jerk about it. People like you make me sick. If you don't have an answer don't post anything at all you prick!!!

I signed up just to thank you, jeffrey296, and OP for standing your ground. Well done lads.

Btw, i was looking for Airvideo android too but looks like VLC-Share can do the job.
atheron121

I am using Plex (Market link - http://goo.gl/kO3A7). It works well enough most times, though a little flaky every once in a while... However, it is no Air Video!!! I would gladly pay for Air Video for Android were it ever to come out for it! I would also be a willing guinea pig for any beta testing to help the development of such an app.
Dwd3885

HTTP Live streaming

HTTP Live streaming

HTTP Live streaming

in android 4.0.

Air Video...HERE WE COME!! PLEASE
k1kieron

@sjk You are such a prick, i also joined this forum just to say that after reading your responses
fayeharriet

i can find nothing in market place for red donut
belgianwaves

Guys

If you're looking for an android client, there is one:
it's called Mirage (https://market.android.com/details?id=com.bw.xplayer.ui)
It not only supports air video, but also upnp (samba support is in development)

It has some nifty features like bookmark support,
but also supports 'always on top' mode:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TqehUVqr1M

Please let me know how i can improve this android client
via belgianwaves at gmail

Johan
dburr

Found another program that purports to be Air Video-like, called Emit. Supports MKV, subtitles (but unfortunately only SRT), etc. There is a free ad-supported Android client, and also a paid client (around $3 if memory serves). The server portion is available for Mac, Windows and Linux as well.

https://www.emitapp.com

I tried Mirage and it looks promising but in my (admittedly limited) testing subtitles didn't work, and I had horrible audio/video sync issues. It also force quit on me a few times.

Edit: actually subtitles do appear to work in Mirage, but only if they are SRT.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/17/2012 21:03:42

Dwd3885

This thread is useless now. Air Video won't support Android. That is fine.

Go buy Plex! Plex is terrific!
reeven

Mirage is crap, Emit as well.
O my GOD, and PLEX? Plex is super mega ultra crap, it could not seen any of my movies, and it takes forever to refresh( add) , photo, etc. ANd forever to remove... Huge pressure on my Quad Core 4ghz with this Plex when tried to remove folders or add them..Hate it.
I could not add 1 single movie, because Plex cant seen movies.
I tried all options, read on their forum, etc, nothing work.

I need Airvideo, i have huge huge collections with mkv that has 2 types of subs( hard-coded and srt) and on android no one will read those subs( srt).
On my Iphone airvideo play them just fine...
All Android software( vplayer, mxplayer, dice, etc) will read hard-coded sub and cant seen srt.
On airvideo both subtitles types are seen, and i could choose .srt.

We need Airvideo for Android. Ios is history.

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at 09/02/2012 08:13:16

samalematina

After waiting for Air Video to be ported to Android. I finally moved on Emit.
have tried it for a few months now and its the best solution for Android video streaming. (As good as Air Video on iOS)

Features I love on Emit:
- on the fly transcoding, no need to wait for file conversions.
- support for all sorts of file formats avi, mp4, mkv etc.
- support for subtitles embedded and srt files etc.
- ability to go forward and back in the video quickly, without waiting for any buffering (like on other Android software)
- with every update Emit app continues to improve.
- can also stream over internet\3G to android\apple devices without issues
- And the biggest reason I moved to Emit, I can use it on both iOS (iPad) and Android phone. At least they offer their software on both platforms.

Android users, go try out Emit and don't wait for Air Video anymore...

reeven

Emit is freezing all the time on an S2 with 403.
If i stop the stream and start it again, if i click back when an video is playing...but maybe after 2-3 version more it will be ok.
Android 403 is has an rewind bug, and when i rewind video, subtiles does not sync with video in Emit. And if i play again this video it start from where it left off, not at beggining, and subtitles is not in sync.
Still waiting for airvideo.

After digging somehow more I must admit that " emit" is best on android.. it sees any subtitles...

i use imediashare or bubbleupnp pro + MXplayer for my .ts stream on dvbc tuner.
And Emit for videos.

Forum Index » Air Video General
Go to: