[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
AIRVIDEO ON IPAD? YES OR NO?  XML
Forum Index » Air Video General
palaemon

I Have a few questions.

Why is there no "play" button in the screenshots? There are "convert" and "live convert" but no "play."

Is this because the video selected is not a native iPad (compatible) video and Air Video recognizes this?

Also, the arrows button on the top right. What is that? Does it zoom? or does it stretch?

Thanks.
Admin

Play and Play with live conversion are shown/hidden depending on whether the video is natively playable on iPhone.
The arrows button is zooms the video (so that the black bars are gone)
santiagodraco

Btw all...

AirVideo for the iPhone plays great on the iPad and video looks great as well. Of course I'm testing HD source, but still, it's good enough to use until the iPad version is out!
rouzane

Wow, it was very quick, I guess the UI could be more interesting in future updates Is there any plan to support "Plex Library"?
Mike11

Wow, very nice! And universal app! Fantastic!

Just curious, how much work was it to support the iPad? (Assuming every goes well with the approval process)
Admin

It's bit too soon to say
likeobama

Thank you, I am looking forward to using this on a 3G version and hopefully streaming over 3G as well. BTW this app should do very well seeing how anything over 720p can't be imported onto the iPad unless its converted first which I think defeats the purpose of playing it on a portable device. At least that's what Gizmodo is saying. http://gizmodo.com/5508909/ipad-test-notes-your-video
xain09

Amazing! Hope it gets approved soon! Still waiting on my iPad...
Kenadak

This looks great, can't wait to see this in the app store!

hedsick

I'm patiently awaiting this to be approved.....Love my iPad and this is the perfect addon. Can't wait for approval!
aiphanes

This is one of the best Iphone apps out there! I am glad I bought it! You guys rock! I got an Ipad 3G wifi on order and My sister just got a Ipad wifi yesterday. We tried the regular Air Video on the Ipad and it worked perfect!
Once again you guys rule! Keep up the good work, and I hope to be as half a good developer as you guys!

raygan

I'm terribly excited about this. Your app is the first "Oh wow!" moment I've had on the iPhone in a long while, and it's one of the things I'm looking forward to most about my new iPad. (Im typing this from my brand new 16gb iPad, and my decision to go for the smaller one was partly influenced by the availability of streaming video options like AirVideo.)
Keep up the really amazing work! Here's hoping the app gets approved quickly and you make gobs of money!
uncola

I saw this recommended on gizmodo and I just got an ipad as my first iphone os device and the free upgrade for current owners convinced me to buy this app.. this is the 3rd app I've ever bought and I can't wait to use it on my ipad! it's pretty awesome that it has a server for both windows and mac os x. most of the other streaming apps only supported os x.
digitlnoize

I've been using the iPhone version on the iPad, and I have to say it looks amazing.

The interface is slightly pixelated at 2x, but the videos look GREAT. Really.

My desktop does a pretty good job with video though (I built it as a fairly beast HTPC), so maybe that helps...but it looks wonderful. I've been streaming a bunch of 720p movies, and I can't tell that they're low res at all...They look like 720p to me!

Those of you waiting, hook up your iPad to your laptop, put AirVideo on your iPad and check it out. No need to wait for the new version...

I love this app.
balto

digitlnoize wrote:I've been using the iPhone version on the iPad, and I have to say it looks amazing.

The interface is slightly pixelated at 2x, but the videos look GREAT. Really.

My desktop does a pretty good job with video though (I built it as a fairly beast HTPC), so maybe that helps...but it looks wonderful. I've been streaming a bunch of 720p movies, and I can't tell that they're low res at all...They look like 720p to me!

Those of you waiting, hook up your iPad to your laptop, put AirVideo on your iPad and check it out. No need to wait for the new version...

I love this app.

Are you playing with live conversion? With my ipad the video looks like crap when streaming live conversion doing a 720p vid. My computer is a beast i7 16 gig's of ram and full ssd... So it is not the computer end.

Forum Index » Air Video General
Go to: