[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Double NAT - What it is and how to resolve it  XML
Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
lawllmaster

i have 1 Airport doing NAT and it does have an external ip address. and also, there are about 4 airports connected through extend wireless network.. what is the problem? i only have 1 router doing NAT (as far as I know) and Air Video says Double NAT.. please help
Admin

Hi,

can you please send the remote support log to support (at) inmethod.com ?
Hoffer

I have used Air Video for a couple years I'd guess. I don't use it often, but it has always worked perfect. I tried using it last week from my parent's house and it wouldn't connect. Checking Air Video on my PC, it shows the double NAT error.

I don't know what could be causing this. I've had my current cable modem and router setup for years. I have Comcast cable with the Motorola Surfboard 5120 and 3rd gen Apple Airport Extreme 802.11n router. I have had this setup for as long as I've had Air Video and it always worked fine in the past.

I spent a couple hours now doing Google searches and trying different things to fix it. Nothing seems to be working and it is driving me crazy. My Xbox 360 is reporting NAT issues as well, and that has always been fine in the past as well.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/03/2013 18:22:18

Hoffer

I ended up just doing the port forwarding. I remembered that I did just install Windows 8 recently. So, my PC probably got a new IP assigned and my port forwarding quit working. At least I'm just going to assume I had Air Video working with port forwarding in the past. I didn't notice any existing port forwarding setup on my Airport Extreme. I was messing around with it a lot and I might have reset it before ever looking at what ports I had forwarded.
kwh19

as far as i know, a wifi-router maps private ip's port by NAT.
so wifi-router's port is always not equal to private ip's one.
should i set DMZ in wifi-router as well?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 01/09/2013 20:13:02

marvnl

So, I read that it should not matter for mac, but still it is not working on mine Mac. If I test the connection it says: ''Connection test failed. Your air video server instance is NOT accessible from internet''.
And status show: "warning: Possible NAT detected! Make sure that only one router on your network is doing Network Address Translation"

My situation is: KPN modem connected to a Netgear wifi modem and a repeater upstairs. Now I am not sure what to do about it.
Air video works locally, but now I also want to access it via internet (external). Thank you in advance for your help.
whatUwant

When will IPv6 be supported?
sjk

whatUwant wrote:When will IPv6 be supported?

It might already be. Have you looked through search results for IPv6?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/22/2013 15:22:14

Air Video 2.4.13 (iPad 2, iPhone 3GS [iOS 6.1.3]), Air Video Server 2.4.6-beta3u2 (Mac mini [Early 2009, OS X 10.8.4]), 802.11g/n WLAN
whatUwant

sjk wrote:
whatUwant wrote:When will IPv6 be supported?

It might already be. Have you through search results for IPv6?
My bad. Air Video does support IPv6.

Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
Go to: