[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Conversion queue stuck (Air Video Server icon not showing after startup)  XML
Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
Admin

From the first post:

1. Open Activity Monitor and quit Air Video Server (if it's running)

2. In your home folder go to Library/Application Support/AirVideoServer

(note that there are multiple Library folders on your computer. This one must be in your home folder)

3. Delete file called conversionStatus

4. Run Air Video Server

This should help the problem (until there is a proper fix in next update)
markl

Thank you for the quick reply.
How do I log in to the activity monitor?
I do not have the server showing in the menu bar.
I found and deleted the conversationStatus file np.
When I try and delete the server app, I cannot, because it says it is running,
Even though I do not see it in the menu bar?

Thank you
markl

Update...

Good news, the overnight shut down and re-installed worked.
App running flawlessly now...

Thanks Again....
rsaeks

Hi there,

I am running AirVideo on a Windows 7 machine and had the problem with the conversion queue getting stuck one day, and I needed to kill the app to get my machine to turn off. Since then, I have been unable to get the app to fully function. I've removed and reinstalled the application on my machine (both the newest version and the previous version - 2.2.4) with no improvement. When I try to start AirVideo Server the app launches and it appears in Task Manager. However, there is no system tray icon and when trying to view videos on my mobile device (connected to the local network via WiFi) nothing appears.

The app has worked great in the past and I would love to continue to use it, but right now it just is not working as it should.

I tried looking for the conversconversionStatus2 file / folder on my computer, but was unable to find any of the paths specified, even when turning on hidden / system files and folders.

Any thoughts?
Admin

The conversionStatus2 file must be there. Have you tried entering %appdata% to windows explorer location?
rsaeks

Thanks for the quick reply. When I put in %appdata% I am redirected to C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming. I don't see the file or a folder corresponding to AirVideo in that location.
Admin

Is there no AirVideoServer folder?
akrug

Hi,

I had a very similar problem.
after deleting the conversionStatus2 file everything started to work again.
BTW awesome app, keep the good work.

However the location of the file was different on my system.

C:\documents and settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application Data\AirVideoServer

%appdata% was pointing to a different location on my system.
Basically the path above without the "Local Settings" folder in the middle.

Hope this helps
rsaeks

It was located in C:\Users\me\Local Settings\Application Data\AirVideoServer

In Win7 %AppData% is a different location

Thanks!!
Brodski

Similar problem: Air Video Server won't start/show up in menu bar. It doesn't show up in the activity monitor. I then deleted the conversionstatus2 file, but that didn't help, which didn't surprise me, because there was never a problem with converting, I never had more than one file in the queue. I then deleted the server from the Mac and re-installed it. Still nothing. Did I do something wrong? I love the app! I only bought it a few days ago and used it a lot. What can I do to make it run again? Thanks for your help!
Admin

Hi,

if it doesn't show in activity monitor I suggest you to open the Console app (in Applications / Utilities), launch Air Video Server and copy here thew newly written output. Also make sure that Air Video Server is not placed in folder that has / in it's name.
jimmy.l.mullins

For the Mac users having the problem of the server running in the background but not on the dock and nothing happening, for me it was running all along but I was looking on the dock to find it and edit it. Clicking the button did nothing and didn't bring up a toolbar for me to edit anything so I assumed it wasn't working. Try checking the upper right hand corner of your screen near the clock . It should be a small icon with a filmstrip and signal bars in front of it. I'll upload a pic so you can see what I am talking about. Hope it helps.
shimai

I deleted the file as descripted but i think i have my channels.ini in the wrong place working under osx.
Can anyone tell me where to put the channels.ini file on my mac for streaming from my dreambox 7020 i've put the file now in air video server/content/resources, is that ok ore shood i put in in root and how do i do that.
The only thing happening now is that i see a flash of the thumbnail of the broudcast channel for a second and then nothing!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/25/2010 11:52:21

Aire*

[Avatar]

Thanks for the tip. Got it cleared and all is well. My last question is can I stream .m4v movie files? These are digital movies that came with blue Ray movies and uploaded free through iTunes with a code. When I start them, all I get is a black screen.colon cleanse reviews.What is the main problem in it?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/27/2010 12:12:24

babyliss pro nano titanium
[WWW]
Admin

The problem is those movies are DRM protected. They can not be streamed over network.

Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
Go to: