[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
network issues  XML
Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
Author Message
algeraist



Joined: 09/21/2009 07:35:13
Messages: 10
Offline

hmm i wonder if that port is being used for something else.

Thanks for your help - if I fix the problem - I'll post back bye
Admin



Joined: 08/23/2009 08:49:34
Messages: 8705
Offline

Hi,

if the port was taken Air Video Server would just use next available port. But in that case localhost:45631 would give you no response. So port 45631 is most certainly not taken by anything else but Air Video Server.
algeraist



Joined: 09/21/2009 07:35:13
Messages: 10
Offline

Just installed vista and it's working fine.

Have to dll 238mb of updates grr... but apart from that it's running.

All this so a can stream to my tv lol

can airvideo convert hd on the fly ? my computer is a 3.4 x 4 beast so she should be able to handle it.
Mike McCarthy



Joined: 09/24/2009 14:50:36
Messages: 4
Offline

I have Air Video working on my Mac but I have to shut off the firewall altogether. When I add Air Video to the firewall listing and set for Allow Connections Air Video is shut down. Other applications can be accomodated individually in the firewall why not Air Video. I would like to keep my systems as secure as possible and open the firewall only when needed - not shut off altogether.
Admin



Joined: 08/23/2009 08:49:34
Messages: 8705
Offline

Mike McCarthy wrote: I have Air Video working on my Mac but I have to shut off the firewall altogether. When I add Air Video to the firewall listing and set for Allow Connections Air Video is shut down. Other applications can be accomodated individually in the firewall why not Air Video. I would like to keep my systems as secure as possible and open the firewall only when needed - not shut off altogether.

Hi,

what operating system do you use? If you are using snow leopard it's firewall is a bit buggy. You might need to restart air video after adding it to rule list otherwise the firewall won't let it handle any connections.

EDIT: This is what I needed to do to get Air Video server working on leopard with firewall enabled:
http://www.inmethod.com/forum/posts/list/85.page#464

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/24/2009 15:24:08

Mike McCarthy



Joined: 09/24/2009 14:50:36
Messages: 4
Offline

I tried shutting down and restarting the server. It didn't help when the firewall is running.
This test required deleting the server and reentering the Pin number on the Touch..

I am running Snow Leopard.. The firewall blocks Air Video even when it has been entered in the firewall with Allow incoming connections.

There is no place in the firewall panel to enter a port number associated with the application being permitted.
This added step is used in some software. Is it not needed in the Snow Leopard panel?
Admin



Joined: 08/23/2009 08:49:34
Messages: 8705
Offline

Mike McCarthy wrote:I tried shutting down and restarting the server. It didn't help when the firewall is running.
This test required deleting the server and reentering the Pin number on the Touch..

I am running Snow Leopard.. The firewall blocks Air Video even when it has been entered in the firewall with Allow incoming connections.


Yes. This seems to be a bug in snow leopard firewall. Have you updated to 10.6.1?

Mike McCarthy wrote:
There is no place in the firewall panel to enter a port number associated with the application being permitted.
This added step is used in some software. Is it not needed in the Snow Leopard panel?

No. If you add application to rule list and allow access it should allow it to listen on all ports. SL will not let you specify individual ports.
Mike McCarthy



Joined: 09/24/2009 14:50:36
Messages: 4
Offline

My Snow Leopard is at 10.6.1 right up to date..
Admin



Joined: 08/23/2009 08:49:34
Messages: 8705
Offline

Well, I was able to get Air Video working with firewall enabled on 10.6.1 and so were other users. But sometimes it takes turning the firewall off and on, restarting Air Video Server or even restarting the computer. And maybe in some cases none of these will help. We've reported this to Apple, would be nice if they fixed it.
Mike McCarthy



Joined: 09/24/2009 14:50:36
Messages: 4
Offline

That worked - A restart was needed - I think it is still a bug. It should not be necessary to restart the machine to change firewall settings.
dighn



Joined: 09/20/2009 22:21:53
Messages: 4
Offline

I ran into some problems running this on W7 64-bit at first also. I then reconfigured the windows firewall manually (it had two entries for air video server, one checked for private network, one for public, Bonjour was checked for public). I'm not sure if it was what I did or something else but it is now rock stable.

Possibly a compatibility problem with the W7 firewall and bonjour?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/24/2009 23:59:53

 
Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
Go to:   
Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team