[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Android Support Please  XML
Forum Index » Air Video General
santiagodraco

Money is money. Would an android version of AirVideo make money? Hell yes. Is it already done on IOS? Yes. Would it make financial sense to build it on Android? I'd think so.

This isn't a new app with unknown potential that the developer has to CHOOSE a platform. It's already done on one, it's time to build on another.
keland44

Dudes just use qloud by qiss I use that for android and airvideo for iphone or use plex it'd been probably over s year we have been trying to get the to make an android client there are other better alternatives
rogerroger11

I really, really, really love Air Video and want to see support on all mobile devices, especially Android.

However, if inmethod refuses to support us, I will go to another app. I found a terrific one that suports Android and iOS, Mac and Windows. It's called EMIT, and you can check it out at https://www.emitapp.com/
I hope this other, terrific app puts a little fire under your heels and gets you guys moving on Air Video, the real best streaming app out there.

RR.
KindDragon

I really, really, really love Air Video and want to see support on all mobile devices, especially Android.

However, if inmethod refuses to support us, I will go to another app.

+1
Dwd3885

I think InMethod has refused to support it. Go buy Plex. Plex is great! I was waiting for Air Video for Android. Love it on iOS, but what can you do?
rickdoc

I really wanted Android support so I tried plex and others, but they are overcomplicated. Air Video is the absolute BEST and it works with Android also! I went to the play store and searched for Air Video and found app named Mirage. Works 100% and unlike the apple app, Mirage is free!
djphatjive

rogerroger11 wrote:I really, really, really love Air Video and want to see support on all mobile devices, especially Android.

However, if inmethod refuses to support us, I will go to another app. I found a terrific one that suports Android and iOS, Mac and Windows. It's called EMIT, and you can check it out at https://www.emitapp.com/
I hope this other, terrific app puts a little fire under your heels and gets you guys moving on Air Video, the real best streaming app out there.

RR.

I use this one as well. It even has a web player that works really well! Airvideo is getting left in the dust over there iOS only rules.

Custom Built Quad-Core AMD 945, 4GB Ram, 1 TB combined HD space. Windows 7 Pro.
DjTweeX

Stop complaining to the developers that android is'nt supported. its not their fault you invested in the wrong company.
djphatjive

DjTweeX wrote:Stop complaining to the developers that android is'nt supported. its not their fault you invested in the wrong company.

I have 2 android devices and 4 iOS devices. I think I can speak for both. I can't even fast forward .tp videos in air video without it hanging. The other app works flawless with that on both systems.

Custom Built Quad-Core AMD 945, 4GB Ram, 1 TB combined HD space. Windows 7 Pro.
samalematina

Android users, try out Emit and don't wait for Air Video anymore.
I gave up waiting and have tried Emit on Android for a few months now and its the best solution for Android video streaming. (As good as Air Video on iOS)

Features I love on Emit:
- on the fly transcoding, no need to wait for file conversions.
- support for all sorts of file formats avi, mp4, mkv etc.
- support for subtitles embedded and srt files etc.
- ability to go forward and back in the video quickly, without waiting for any buffering (like on other Android software)
- with every update Emit app continues to improve.
- can also stream over internet\3G to android\apple devices without issues

And the biggest reason I moved to Emit, I can use it on both iOS (iPad) and Android phone (yes I use both platforms). At least they offer their software on both platforms.

flame10

rogerroger11 wrote:I really, really, really love Air Video and want to see support on all mobile devices, especially Android.

RR.

Thanks for pointing it out, I was using qloud media on android and air video on ios .. maybe its time to kill both the server and run just one..

And btw, i was just contemplating purchasing air video if they had an universal app.. let me check out emit.. will buy their licensed version then..

Edit: Wow, emit works really well, and to top it.. I can download the videos if I need it.. quite a good app.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/17/2012 19:33:24

samalematina

Emit just updated the app on App Store. It now supports AirPlay as well. Also for those who had issues before try the new update.

basically this is my current solution for running one server on my PC and have content streamed to both apple and android devices.

Also supports srt and MTV subs. And ability to steam photos is a nice added bonus and saving movies to the mobile device for offline viewing. Loving it
hilfer

Air video is great, but let me remind you That for android devices you have a very good solution.
Qloud server: i think it's as good as air video.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/11/2012 10:56:05

flame10

Qloud media is now on discount in play store (.99) right moment to buy it guys. (love the search feature in pro)
hilfer

I forgot that Qloud server has an advantage to air video: it can stream also music and works great.

Forum Index » Air Video General
Go to: