[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Suggestion : iPad with iPhone as a remote control  XML
Forum Index » Air Video General
Plordon

Hi,

I plug my iPad near my tv set so when I have to choose a movie I must leave my sofa
It seems like we are back to the old days of the tv without remote control
Could it be possible to use the iPhone as a remote control of the iPad ?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 06/06/2010 01:36:17

atrix415

That is asking too much. However I heard of an app that has the ability to do such a thing. I dont recall the name.
Admin

It's not really asking too much, it's just not a feature we get requested too often thus it doesn't get very high priority.
Leelu Dallas

there is an app called rowmote pro which does exactly what you want. It even has a trackpad on the iphone but is an app that works on the ipad
Turtle49

Leelu Dallas wrote:there is an app called rowmote pro which does exactly what you want. It even has a trackpad on the iphone but is an app that works on the ipad

The rowmote app will not control your iPad from an iPod or iPhone. I contacted the app developers and this is what they had to say:

Currently, Rowmote is unable to control your iPad from your iPod. Rowmote Helper needs to be running on the iPad, which it can not do at this time due to Apple restrictions. If this changes, we will definitely jump on the opportunity. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Hope this clears things up,
Tim

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/06/2010 19:43:20

atrix415

I have this item for the ipods/iphone. Cant't find an ipad version. I might try to put the connector out with the ipad dock. If it works I can post back. This will in-turn let you control the ipad using apple remote controller.

For Ipods:
http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB125G/C
pascal_meheut

I would lie this feature ver much too. A simple socket/http protocol would allow the guys implementing universal remote Apps to add support for AirVideo easily.
I could even use my Phlilps Pronto over WiFi then.
afacciponti

1+ for this feature iphone to iphone control
Sam Hendriksen

+2 would also like to see this feature , would be a great addition to a great app.
jofreund

I can't believe that this feature is not highly requested.

Please consider adding it, as it would add a lot of comfort to
the viewing-experience.

Thanks in advance
Best regards
Johannes
mwhite67

I would actually Like this feature as well. As it is I have to get up to pause or change a video, and I like to be as sedentary as possible.
But seriously, add it.
spurs1al

Hi all, I haven't seen any development on this topic. It would be a great feature to add for the iPhone as everyone says, why leave the comfort of your sofa!!

I'm not familiar enough with the technical aspects of the software, but with remote systems already available It could be Easy enough.

Admin: how many posts interested in adding this feature would you need to put it as a priority????
thrawnis

This is the first time I've heard this request but it sounds intriguing. The ability to use my iPad as a media center and use the iPhone as a remote (or vice-versa) seems like an excellent way to use Air Video every day.
Yazan

I'm also a bit puzzled how this was not requested before. I love air video and think the world of it. I get to watch anything I want from my iPad without syncing, without connection to the computer, without fulling my small 16gb space. Having my phone as a controller/remote would basically make it a complete user experience for me. Just mirroring what's seen on the iPad air video app is all we need to start. You guys can streamline with a more professional looking remote if needed but that could be reserved for later. Please consider his a priority as I think here are alot of people that don't even think of it as possible. Great job btw. Lame as it is, vlc which requires me to download the videos to the ipad, doesnt even support the apple vga connection output to tv. So Air video FTW.

Yazan
azadam

Adding my two cents on this one, I'd love to see this feature as well. Even a minimal web ui would work, then we could remote control it from any device/laptop etc on the network?

Forum Index » Air Video General
Go to: