[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
AVS Linux - Download links & information  XML
Forum Index » Air Video General
Linda90Frank

It doesn't shut down, shows an error message and asks if I want to send the details to inmethod. The converted file is never transfered. :-/

Thanks,
Black diamond rings
pdunkley

I've been an Air Video user (running the Windows server) for a long time now. I just got around to trying the Air Video Server for Linux alpha 6 and it works great.

The process of getting this working on my Linux machine (running Fedora 16) was quite involved and I had to find, patch, and manually compile mpeg4ip 1.6.1. Just in case anyone else is in the similar situation I have provided a step-by-step guide for this which includes Avahi (Bonjour/mDNS) configuration and automatic start/stop of the server on system startup/shutdown.

The guide is here: http://www.dunkley.me.uk/2012/04/i-use-excellent-air-video-to-stream-non.html

I hope this proves useful.
outspoken

pdunkley wrote:I've been an Air Video user (running the Windows server) for a long time now. I just got around to trying the Air Video Server for Linux alpha 6 and it works great.

The process of getting this working on my Linux machine (running Fedora 16) was quite involved and I had to find, patch, and manually compile mpeg4ip 1.6.1. Just in case anyone else is in the similar situation I have provided a step-by-step guide for this which includes Avahi (Bonjour/mDNS) configuration and automatic start/stop of the server on system startup/shutdown.

The guide is here: http://www.dunkley.me.uk/2012/04/i-use-excellent-air-video-to-stream-non.html

good starting point for those of us on ubuntu, but can't be copied 1:1. i had a working server in old ubuntu by on the new 12.04 it is not working for me.
knome

It also looks like the repo that someone set up isn't up to date for 12.04 either.

EDIT: It looks like my issue was a dependency and user permission issue. Its working under 12.04 now. There was no install candidate for mpeg4ip, but it appears to be working none the less.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/08/2012 09:42:12

rubiojr

Howdy folks,

I've updated Ubuntu packages for 12.04 and added some new stuff:

http://rubiojr.github.com/airvideo-server-ui

Changelog:

https://github.com/rubiojr/airvideo-server-ui/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md

Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/13/2012 17:33:36

sofakng

rubiojr, does your package contain mp4creator for 12.04? (I've looked inside the package and it didn't seem like it...)

What is mp4creator used for? Is it optional?
rubiojr

sofakng wrote:rubiojr, does your package contain mp4creator for 12.04? (I've looked inside the package and it didn't seem like it...)

What is mp4creator used for? Is it optional?

No it doesn't. To be honest, I don't know what is mp4creator used for. I've been using Airvideo Server a lot and it works without it so far.

mp4creator was removed from Ubuntu repos long time ago and I removed it too after that.
sofakng

Ahh, OK.

One more question... does your package require X11 or can it be used on headless servers?
rubiojr

sofakng wrote:Ahh, OK.

One more question... does your package require X11 or can it be used on headless servers?

You should be able to use it in a headless servers, somebody reported that it works without problems. It will pull X11 deps probably due to the Qt4 dependency for the GUI.

I've got plans to create an airvideo-server-nox package without those deps, but I haven't been able to find the energy yet.

pdunkley

pdunkley wrote:I've been an Air Video user (running the Windows server) for a long time now. I just got around to trying the Air Video Server for Linux alpha 6 and it works great.

I have just upgraded my systems to Fedora 17 and I had to patch and rebuild FFMpeg to get Air Video Server working again. I have put updates to my procedure here: http://www.dunkley.me.uk/2012/06/air-video-server-for-linux-on-fedora-17.html
mrow

The fact that there hasn't been any posts from the author of the Linux server since May of 2011 is very disheartening. It's beginning to to appear as if this version of the server has been abandoned...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/22/2012 07:00:26

L0RE

I'm Running it on Linux Wine, works good Without Problems.
windracer

I'm still using AVS on Ubuntu 12.04 and love it. Works great for streaming to my iPhone.
L0RE

Its sad there is no solution for all Platforms.
So i have to user Airvideo for Iphone and Qloud for Android. Both running Fine on Linux(Wine) Both not supported.

I AM wondering if it wouldn't be a solution for AitVieo Packaging it with Wine. Ever Looked in the Picassa Pakage for Linux from Google, i
t brings it own Wine with, so the Windows Binary runs under Linux

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/27/2012 23:33:26

windracer

L0RE wrote:
Its sad there is no solution for all Platforms.
So i have to user Airvideo for Iphone and Qloud for Android. Both running Fine on Linux(Wine) Both not supported.

I've only played with it briefly, but check out Mirage for Android. It works with the Air Video Server.

I'm confused by the need for Wine ... are you not using the Air Video Server for Linux?

Forum Index » Air Video General
Go to: