[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Offline Conversion where media-serving PC is not the same as iPad PC  XML
Forum Index » Air Video General
alex-2378ds

Hi,

I bought the app today because of the offline conversion feature. However, I find now that it doesn't seem to work as smoothly as I might have hoped. Let me explain my set up. I have a (Windows 7) box, which hosts all my videos and shares them to the network. I have installed the Air Video server on this machine. This box is not easily accessible (it is in my loft). I also have my MacBook Pro which my iPad is syncing with.

It is now my understanding that the offline conversion feature will only work if the iPad is synced to the same machine as the Air Video server is running off. Is this correct? And if so, would it be possible to expand this to work for my situation?

There could be a couple of solutions which I can see:

1) The iPad Air Video client copies the converted M4V file, once conversion is complete, and stores it in the air video application's document folder. The video can then be played from within the Air Video app.
2) The iPad Server can provide an easy way for me to obtain the converted videos from over the network. (Perhaps an http server which provides easy to navigate links to the converted files)

Any thoughts on this? Would really be great if this could be sorted, and I'm sure it's not that uncommon a situation.

Cheers,
Alex
alex-2378ds

Admin, please update.

Another, extremely simple to implement, way to do this, would be to simply allow the server app to copy the converted file to a user configurable folder. That way, the user could at least grab the video files (or I could even configure that folder as a watch folder from my MacBook Pro, and auto copy to iTunes). Right now, I have no way to know where the converted files are stored, and I don't really want them mixed up with my regular video files as they will be picked up as duplicates next time I run my XBMC.
Admin

These issues are on our roadmap and we want to have them implemented in next major update.
steve1977

Admin wrote:These issues are on our roadmap and we want to have them implemented in next major update.

This should answer my question from the oher threat. I see this as a critical function and would be terrific to have implemented. When is the next major update planned?
Admin

Sorry, we don't have ETA for this.

Forum Index » Air Video General
Go to: