[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
ISO Playback  XML
Forum Index » Air Video General
jm

I've ripped my video collection to ISO files. Is there any method, without having to go through and transcode all the files first, to have Air Video recognize them? FWIW, I don't care about the DVD menus, I'm simply looking for the ability to play the main feature. Thanks!
Admin

Hi,

there's no way of playing ripped DVDs (iso or not) in Air Video. Air Video only plays video files.
gyre

[Avatar]

Like the OP, I have my entire video collection in .iso format so that xbmc can easily play it.

Has there been any change in thought since the OP posted in allowing .isos to be streamed via air video?

Thanks!

-- gyre --
Admin

No change I'm afraid.
gyre

[Avatar]

OK. Thanks anyway.

-- gyre --
shutter

dang I guess ill have to mount my dvds and convert them with hand brake instead of buying this then. Too bad. I ripped my whole collection to dvd iso.
canyon

+1 for iso format. 90 percent of my movie collection is in this format and I would buy the iPhone and iPad apps in a heartbeat if this format were supported.
sburman

BUMP this request. I too have all my collection as ISO files. Please add support.
stein1308

+1 for iso format. Most of my collection is in iso format on my PCH-A110 HD.
idengrenme

also have my library in ISO please add support
robinsj

ANother one here who would love ISO support... I love what it does, and ISO would just make it even Awesomererer
OracleGuy

I just discovered Air Video thanks to an article on LifeHacker, and bought it sight unseen based on their recommendation.

It works great! However, I too would like to see ISO and/or VIDEO_TS support, as I also have ripped many of my DVDs to my NAS to allow for media streaming.

I don't know what your "new feature request list" looks like, but I think this capability should be near the top. It's definitely at the top of my wish list.

Cheers!
denizen

Any new info on .iso/VIDEO_TS support? Is this feature possible or is there a technical limitation that would prohibit this? In other words...is .iso support being considered or is this a feature that will not be implemented on Air Video?

By the way. Your program is awesome and was my first iPad app purchase.
woodsjm

Admin wrote:Hi,

there's no way of playing ripped DVDs (iso or not) in Air Video. Air Video only plays video files.

ish...

Grab some software called Handbrake and rip those ISO's / VIDEO_TS folders to an MKV.

AirVideo plays VERY nicely with MKV (Matrasoka) files.

-jw

"He's a live bear. He will literally rip your face off"
[WWW] aim icon
woodsjm

SERIOUSLY?!? People - turn on your brains!

Convert the videos to MKV or AVI. AirVideo would be happy to play them. Do what the rest of us do, and spend the time, and convert all your movies to playable files, instead of images or VIDEO_TS folders. I queued up about 50 movies on my MacPro a while back and let it go to town for about 24 hours converting all of my movies to MKV.

AirVideo LOVES MKV. At least my setup does. Running AirVideo Server on Ubuntu (linux) 9.10. Connecting with my iPad and iPhone.

Friends don't let friends play ISO's.

Also, to Mr. Admin - I don't want these folks to push your in that direction - you're exactly where you need to be with this, in terms of filetype support. Right on!

"He's a live bear. He will literally rip your face off"
[WWW] aim icon

Forum Index » Air Video General
Go to: