[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
AVS Linux - Download links & information  XML
Forum Index » Air Video General
Kaze no Koe

Hi, thanks for the continued support.

In the latest version what do we put in the test.properties config file to point the server to the modified libav you're providing?

I took a guess and set it to:

path.ffmpeg = /path/to/libav-avs/avconv

It seems to work, did I guess correctly?

Thanks
phenis

the new AVS for Linux is fantastic.

i've got it working on my Readynas x86 box and its so much smoother / better!

nawunk

Anyone got the new version with libav to work with FreeBSD? (9.0 x64).

When I try to use .mkv's it doesn't render it properly (see attached for what it looks like).
[Thumb - photo.PNG]
 Filename photo.PNG [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 115 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  1617 time(s)

nawunk

I did some more testing, it seems to happen with all h264 files unless you're using live conversion.

it shows the below over and over in the airvideo log:

I double checked that the prior version worked, so I've rolled back to that for now but it'd be good to get 10-bit h264 videos working.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 07/30/2012 13:09:22

fluffylob

Great to see a new build of the Linux server. I have it running nicely on Ubuntu 12.04, with the exception of offline conversion, which fails with the following error:

From reading various sources, it sounds like this is due to libfaac being removed from ffmpeg / libav - unless I'm missing something? I snipped out the command line from the log and tried it directly in the terminal, which sure enough produces the same error:

By changing it to the below (note -acodec libfaac has changed to -acodec faac -strict experimental) the command line works, although obviously not from within the server.

Can anyone confirm my findings, or suggest an alternative?

Thanks,
Chris
Frubx

fluffylob wrote:Can anyone confirm my findings, or suggest an alternative?

The libav configure command line (for 2.4.6-beta3) is wrong. I built libav using --enable-libfaac instead of --enable-encoder=libfaac and it is working great for me.

Check your avconv with the -codecs switch...you should see a line for libfaac if you built it correctly.
fluffylob

Confirmed Frubx, that has fixed my issue with Offline conversion - thanks!

Chris
mouse

Just wanted to point to this installation guide for the Linux-2.4.6-beta3 version including the libav dependency: http://blog.stevenlu.com/2012/09/10/installing-airvideo-server-on-debian-squeeze/

Followed to the letter and works like a charm on Ubuntu Server 12.04 - including offline conversion if you take note of Cyberbird's comment to use --enable-libfaac instead of --enable-encoder=libfaac.

mouse
rendez2k

Hi all, followed the guide for my Ubuntu server as posted above but while it all seems to be installed, AirVideo on the iPad won't connect. Any ideas? Has anything changed?
nawunk

Finally figured out my issue with libav on Freebsd (and possibly freenas?). Apparently my issue was caused by the default gcc 4.2 version shipped with FreeBSD 9. I tried with gcc 4.6 after noticing comments here and it works great!
All you need to do is install gcc from ports (in my case I used lang/gcc46 as it was already installed).
Then use something like this for the configure:
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/airvideo/libav --enable-pthreads --disable-shared --enable-static --enable-gpl --enable-libx264 --enable-libmp3lame --enable-nonfree --enable-libfaac --extra-ldflags="-L/usr/local/lib" --extra-cflags="-I/usr/local/include" --cc=gcc46

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/03/2013 15:10:20

nofunk

Just wanted to mention that I have this working well on Gentoo Linux with one exception (I'll get to that).

Basic steps, borrowed largely from here: http://blog.stevenlu.com/2012/09/10/installing-airvideo-server-on-debian-squeeze/

should satisfy all the dependencies for an average Gentoo install.

You might want to set CFLAGS & CXXFLAGS here if you want something custom.
(or if you don't run sudo normally) (replace <> entries with your local paths/values)

Note that I chose /usr/local/airvideo as a better place for the install, or to be more proper you could use /opt/airvideo

Install the JRE of your choice, I used oracle, so for me, then

It seems to work quite well, but, often gets hung up when generating thumbnails of all things. The client will time out due to no response, the app is pegging several cores during this time (machine is a Xeon @ 3.5Ghz, so no slouch), and eventually it catches up and works fine. Does anybody else have this problem, or is one of my sub dependencies running into some horrible performance issue?
mdshw5

I just wanted to share some useful information with everyone. Recently I ran into trouble with offline conversion. I quickly realized that I needed to recompile libavconv with After that, I decided to take advantage of some more configuration flags for libavconv and enable VDPAU decode acceleration for the Nvidia 9300 in my server. After adding my conversion time for a 2 hour video dropped from 1:30 to 0:45! Live conversion is also much faster, during which my system load is roughly 0.60 when it used to approach 2.00. Here is the configure line I used:

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 02/08/2013 20:26:56

G33nid33

Thanks for AVS for Linux!
Airvideo & AVS should come standard with an ATV, it is that good.

That being said, I have one (minor) issue:

On my Ubuntu server (12.04) that runs AVS I have a VM running XP+iTunes.

Is there a way to make the ¨Add to iTunes¨ button functional? (point it to iTunes´s ¨automatically add to iTunes¨ folder?)
mouse

G33nid33 wrote:Thanks for AVS for Linux!
Airvideo & AVS should come standard with an ATV, it is that good.

That being said, I have one (minor) issue:

On my Ubuntu server (12.04) that runs AVS I have a VM running XP+iTunes.

Is there a way to make the ¨Add to iTunes¨ button functional? (point it to iTunes´s ¨automatically add to iTunes¨ folder?)

On my Ubuntu Server 12.04 box I've created a bash script to find airvideo files and move them to my 'Automatically add to itunes' folder:

I've added this to my crontab to run every hour - hope this helps.

mouse
KorP

Comrades, please help. I'm trying to watch anime, but nothing good comes out of it, the picture looks like such a terrible way. Use a version of ffmpeg, by the fact that when using libav picture noticeably choppy on some mkv. What can you do in this situation?

x264-0.0.20111220
ffmpeg-for-2.4.5-beta6
AirVideoServerLinux.jar alpha6

Forum Index » Air Video General
Go to: