[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Air Video Server 2.4.6-beta3 released  XML
Forum Index » Air Video Announcements
phero

Please allow the position of subtitles to be moved lower, so that they can be positioned in the black bars of a widescreen vid.
kc6108

[Avatar]

Please add the ability to save video files locally to the iPhone/iPad.

We want to be able to perform offline conversions then save locally to the device for later playback without the need Air Video Server to be involved.
Gribble

I have a very small feature request. When sorting alphabetically, I'd like an option to ignore articles before folder/file names, which is common functionality.

So instead of this list:

Breaking Bad
Community
The Colbert Report
The Daily Show

This:

Breaking Bad
The Colbert Report
Community
The Daily Show

I think a lot of people would find it much more helpful. Thank you!
Admin

We'll have it in next version (already implemented)
Zlew

You have a typo in the Windows firewall rule descriptions btw. (In attachment).

Is there a way you could adjust subtitle size depending on resolution? On a video that is low resolution the subtitles are huge and blurry, on a video that has a high resolution it is small and crisp. Perhaps by using the in built subtitle renderer in iOS so no burned in subs?

It would also mean we get subtitles below the frame if not zoomed in, and subtitles that aren't cut off at the sides if zoomed in on widescreen.
[Thumb - Capture.PNG]
 Filename Capture.PNG [Disk] Download
 Description Typo
 Filesize 77 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  1701 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/14/2013 11:53:24

Admin

Hi,

next Air Video version will have soft subtitles.
emax

Admin wrote:Hi,

next Air Video version will have soft subtitles.

Eta for this next version ?

iPad 3 iOS 6.1.3 . iPhone 5 iOS 7 beta 1 . MacBook Air i7 OS X 10.9 DP1
Air Video: Client 2.4.13 . Server 2.4.6-beta3
abat119

Will it be possible to have subtitle controls?

For example 'resizing and positioning' / 'syncing to video' (with +/- 0.5 sec intervals) / etc.

Thanks!

Also, is it possible to AirPlay to Apple TV with soft subtitles?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/15/2013 10:29:07

iPhone 4S, iPad 3rd Gen, Apple TV 2nd Gen (all running latest official IOS)
CINEHOME

Hi!
thinking of all the mentioned changes, when will the next Version of Air Video be released?
sjk

AFAIK InMethod never pre-announce release dates, at least not until they're certain. When there's anything to announce, without being asked, it'll likely be posted under this Air Video Announcement sub-forum.

Air Video 2.4.13 (iPad 2, iPhone 3GS [iOS 6.1.3]), Air Video Server 2.4.6-beta3u2 (Mac mini [Early 2009, OS X 10.8.4]), 802.11g/n WLAN
Gvipo

Absolutely brilliant software and iPhone, iPad app, keep it up recommending to everyone.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/30/2013 04:24:48

aresando

kc6108 wrote:Please add the ability to save video files locally to the iPhone/iPad.
We want to be able to perform offline conversions then save locally to the device for later playback without the need Air Video Server to be involved.

To do that, you can just use AirVideo Server to convert videos then add them to iTunes and sync devices.
Cyberbird

aresando wrote:
kc6108 wrote:Please add the ability to save video files locally to the iPhone/iPad.

To do that, you can just use AirVideo Server to convert videos then add them to iTunes and sync devices.

Sure thing. That's super elegant...

People know it's possible, it's just an ugly solution, especially for those of us, who have been using airvideo on a remote linux server.
aresando

Cyberbird wrote:
aresando wrote:

People know it's possible, it's just an ugly solution, especially for those of us, who have been using airvideo on a remote linux server.

With a simple network share, the "automatically add to itunes" feature, and assuming that people regularly sync their devices with iTunes anyway, the process can be fully automated.
How ugly is that?
Cyberbird

aresando wrote:
Cyberbird wrote:
aresando wrote:

With a simple network share, the "automatically add to itunes" feature, and assuming that people regularly sync their devices with iTunes anyway, the process can be fully automated.
How ugly is that?

The assumption is the ugly part Since icloud I've never synced my iPad or iPhone with iTunes, and to be honest, why should I? That's why iCloud has been created.

What i currently do when I'm in need of this, is that i convert the videos with airvideo and then download to my iDevice using an ftp client.(again it's working, it's just not elegant to open 2 programs just to do this)(also i know how to set up an ftp server many people don't, but they know how to use airvideo, and it'd be a nice addition for them)
Clearly it's not a priority in development, nor should it be, but still, it'd be good to know, it's at least on the to-do list.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 05/04/2013 16:50:29

Forum Index » Air Video Announcements
Go to: