[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
TV Out won't work with iOS Firmware 4.0  XML
Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
f10dx5

I can confirm what 'deactive' stated while using an Iphone 4 on both the previous release and the new 2.4.6, however I am using the Apple AV cable (with hdmi out). Essentially, the video streams to the TV with audio, however the app on the iphone side essentially freezes (I don't have a remote, so I can't change anything). I am forced to kill the app when I am done.

Hopefully the 2.4.7 will re-enable use of the app (iphone side) during video out - otherwise, this is fantastic.
Admin

2.4.7 is currently being tested and should be submitted very soon.
CHIMPBOY74

As mentioned before I am using an apple universal dock and s-video to connect to tv. Will the 2.4.7 work with this set up? It seems people who use the proper apple cables can get tv out to work…
Admin

If you are using firmware 4.3 then the next update should fix TV output for you.
CHIMPBOY74

Admin wrote:If you are using firmware 4.3 then the next update should fix TV output for you.

Sweet. Can't wait

It means I'll get my tv back off the kids!!
make2drinks4u

This dead air video out issue contiues. Nearly a month and not resolved. I don't like leaving bad reviews at the App Store but this app always kills me. It's been a love-hate thing with Air Video.
Ditto on: can't control the playback during video out. There's simply just a swirly circle letting you know that it's still thinking. Interesting though, a Belkin composite video adapter/cable will play the video, but you're screwed if you have to go pee or take the popcorn out of the micro, because you can't pause it. Once you start the video, do not exit the app or yank the adapter/cable, otherwise you'll be forced to do a hard reset (at least you will with an ipod touch 3g) to fully stop the Air Video app in order for you to reopen normally to access the servers or to start playback again, because simply opting out of AV and coming right back to it without a hard reset will leave you with the same lame swirly circle screen.
[Thumb - photo.PNG]
 Filename photo.PNG [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 29 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  873 time(s)

f10dx5

Dude, did you just skip the last few posts? Calm down - the devs know about this specific issue... the patch will be released soon.

No need to continue stating that this is an issue - if it persists after update 2.4.7, then sure, be upset. Until then, if you can't wait after you've started a video, I suggest you use the convert function, then drop the files onto your iProduct. How often do you really need to pause once you've started a video anyway? If by "hard reset" you mean killing the function in multitasking terms.. then sure, but this is still just a "soft" reset - and again, this has already been stated. Y you so mad?
deactive

Thanks admin/ devs

looking forward to see the airvideo icon showin up in the update list on the app store.

best regards

@ make2drinks4u : if you cant live without pop corn, then get yourself an apple remote ;D it still works whilst the screen keeps being freezed.
ElPit

Hello.

First of all... what do you call "TV Out"? Just to understand the most of the posts of this topic.

Let my tell my story. This is really weird.

Nothing to do with cable, AV, etc... just to do with Air Video, Apple TV in a Local WiFi.

AirVideo is an app that really works great in my iPad 2. An amazing application. I can watch all types of video. But, when I want to pass a video from the pay version of Air Video app, where it was showing perfectly, to Apple TV 2G, I had the problem than many of you are describing: THE VIDEO KEEPS SHOWING ON THE iPAD, AND ONLY THE SOUND GOES TO THE APPLE TV 2G.

However, one day (yesterday, I think), I read something about rebooting both the device and Air Video Server, I followed that suggestions and, believe it or not, it worked once with a couple of videos.

But since that moment, I haven`t been able to get it again. So now it`s not working again, as it was doing at the begining and I don`t get it no matter the times I reboot any device, server, ATV, etc...

So, for a very little moment, it had nothing to do with 4.3 firmware version. Now, all I can do is to wait for that so important upgrade Mr. Admin is preparing us. LOL

Is this the issue that people is having?

Thanks a lot.
Admin

I know this is taking longer then expected, but the new version will have significantly improved TV out support.
ElPit

Thanks a lot.

After a little more of investigation, I found out that it was necessary to install the new beta version of Air Video Server.

I did and now all goes great.

Thanks a lot.

Pedro

ps. anyway... waiting the upgrade of Air Video app.
CHIMPBOY74

Admin wrote:I know this is taking longer then expected, but the new version will have significantly improved TV out support.

Good to hear it is coming. Has it been submitted to apple yet or........?
Tannable

Actually, there still is a way of controlling Air Video.

Like a lot of apps that use music and video to play, Air Video can be controlled by the iPhone lock screen controls

this is what you have to do:

1: Start the video like normal and wait for it to show on your tv. When it does, lock your iPhone.
2: Press the home button to turn on the screen.
3: Press the home button twice quickly to bring up the lock screen controls.

As you can see from the pic you'll be able to pause and skip to the next video but, as for searching through the video and other controls, you need to wait for the update.
MjW

Tannable wrote:Actually, there still is a way of controlling Air Video.

Like a lot of apps that use music and video to play, Air Video can be controlled by the iPhone lock screen controls

this is what you have to do:

1: Start the video like normal and wait for it to show on your tv. When it does, lock your iPhone.
2: Press the home button to turn on the screen.
3: Press the home button twice quickly to bring up the lock screen controls.

As you can see from the pic you'll be able to pause and skip to the next video but, as for searching through the video and other controls, you need to wait for the update.

Thank you very much!

You are a savior!!!
Aletterbeforek

Okay while it's great I can finally pause this I am still extremely frustrated that I have waited over 2 months now for an update that never seems to be coming. I loved this app, it was my favorite one for iPhone, but over the past 2 months I have not only lost my TV out abilities but my remote access consistently goes in and out and I know it's not my fault. I would like an honest timeline of when this update is coming out because it has become apparent that the definition of the word soon has been lost in translation.

Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
Go to: