[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Remote Access doesn't work  XML
Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
tintin67

Admin wrote:Does this happen over local network or over internet? If it happens over internet please send the remote support log to support (at) inmethod.com

Hi,

After posting my message I reset all settings to default in the app and the problem seemed to have been fixed but I'm back to the same problem and communication error as before and I haven't changed any settings on my computer. I'm on local network. When I turn off my Windows Firewall I can immediately connect but as soon as I put it back on I get the same error.
I've checked the allowed programs and Air Video Server is set to be allowed on all 3 profiles (Private, Public and Domain) but I still can't connect.

I don't know why all of a sudden I can't connect anymore and I've been unable to fix the problem. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/29/2012 13:25:01

tintin67

tintin67 wrote:
Admin wrote:Does this happen over local network or over internet? If it happens over internet please send the remote support log to support (at) inmethod.com

Hi,

After posting my message I reset all settings to default in the app and the problem seemed to have been fixed but I'm back to the same problem and communication error as before and I haven't changed any settings on my computer. I'm on local network. When I turn off my Windows Firewall I can immediately connect but as soon as I put it back on I get the same error.
I've checked the allowed programs and Air Video Server is set to be allowed on all 3 profiles (Private, Public and Domain) but I still can't connect.

I don't know why all of a sudden I can't connect anymore and I've been unable to fix the problem. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Um... did I ask a stupid question or something? If the answer is somewhere in this forum then could someone please point me in the right direction please. I keep having to turn off my firewall whenever I want to connect which is something I would like to avoid doing.

Thanks in advance.
Admin

Hi,

you should be able to setup an exception for Air Video in your firewall settings, you don't have to turn it off completely.
tintin67

Admin wrote:Hi,

you should be able to setup an exception for Air Video in your firewall settings, you don't have to turn it off completely.

I have Air Video Server as an exception both Home/Work (Private) and Public but it's still not allowing the connection. Is there another service/program I should be allowing?
For example "Windows Remote Management" is not set to allow nor "Wireless Portable Devices" etc.

Thanks for your help.
Admin

It's just Air Video Server, there's no other program to allow.
tintin67

Thanks
CLTPilot

[Avatar]

I sent tech support an email last night but have found the solution for remote access thru trial and error. I wasn't able to get remote access to work unless I put this computer into the DMZ. Port forwarding didn't seem to work. The problem was I had the DMZ set to my Linksys NAS device. For some reason Air Video would be routed to that instead of port forwarding to this computer. Once I set the DMZ back to "192.168.X.0" everything worked fine. I'd had some problems connecting to the NAS previously which is why I had it in the DMZ. But FTP and HTTP forwarding still work so I'm leaving the DMZ off.

I've tested remote access by tethering my iPad to my HTC EVO 4g with a weak 4g signal. Divx videos are watchable with "convert while watch" but will pixelate on occasion. I'm trying the conversion then play option to see how that looks. Luckily most hotels have wireless that's faster than my phone. I'm on the road over half the month so I'll be buying the full version of the app. I was going to spend some $$$$ on a new NAS device with gigabit LAN but don't really need it with Air Video since I won't be needing to transfer videos over to the NAS for downloading onto my iPad
rolanddes

Hi everyone. First of all, I love air video. But after I changed my router from a low model Linksys to a brand new Linksys E3200 I started having problems with remote streaming.

In Airvideo setting on Remote tab it says "Error during setting up port forwarding. Will auto retry in 2 minutes. See the Error Log and http://inmethod.com/remote-problems for more details" when I try to click automatically map port.

But I know that I've already did the correct port forwarding. (I have mapped 45631 to 192.168.1.100 which is my computer and when I go to localhost/45631 it says "air video")

Also even if I do not click automatic map porting, I cannot access the PIN remotely. I add it to my iPhone, but when I click the connection, it says "url resolver error server is not reachable"

While trying with that it started saying "URL Resolver Error. Tracker service seems to be down. we apoogise for the inconvenience. please try again later"

Can anyone help me?
Nightcrawler

Hi Guys,

Just purchased Air Video and it awesome, I would like to ask some problem, and its related to Double NAT. Since I live in service apartment then by default they give me 1 line with 1 local IP, then I used WIFI Router (WHR-G300NV2 - DDWRT) to share my connectivity.

the problem is, my PC is not accessible from Internet, I tried with Port forwarding, and UPnP seems failed, I have no firewall installed
only using Microsoft Security Essential, anyway here is the log when I used Port forwarding and UPnP:

Log Removed

I have no problem using torrent, and it should be no problem too using this one, but I need a help to figure it out the configuration.
many thanks before for your help.

Thx
BR

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 06/10/2012 16:42:38

Admin

Please don't post the log here. Send it to support (at) inmethod.com instead. Unfortunately remote access requires public IP address. If your ISP can't give you a public IP address the remote access will not be possible.
bakito

hello everyone
thanks for this wonderful app!
sadly it's been 2 or 3 days that it didn't work...I can not access the server " the serveur is NOT accessible"
I search the web for answers but ...i'm lost...
I don't change anything on my setup BUT windows 7 update himself recently an maybe their is a connection with my problem....
my Ipad 3 tells me that he could not resolve the adress
I don't know what to say more...help me!
I found that windows live was maybe in conflict with "bonjour" so I remove it and still nothing...I'm stuck!
I try to turn off my firewall but nothing happen...
the weirdest thing is that I try to install zonealarm to get rid of the windows firewall and it work again with it BUT windows 7 seems to dislike zonealrm and I had to remove it...
and it's broke again...
another hint: air video seveur can no longer automaticaly map port...it could not so long ago...
I hope you can help me
thanks!
cheers

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/16/2012 02:56:36

kknopp01

bakito wrote:sadly it's been 2 or 3 days that it didn't work...I can not access the server " the serveur is NOT accessible"

I think that there's a problem with Air VIdeo's PIN server. I've been getting the same error over the past week or so.

Actually, the error I get is "URL Resolver Error Server is not reachable."

I can connect via the local network that the Mac that has the Air Video server is on though.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/22/2012 17:17:56

brr5

Yesterday from work I tried to get to my server at home and recieved the same error message.
I opened up my router with the port 45631 last night told it which computer to allow access to and today at work using 3g (no wi-fi here) it works fine.
As an FYI - I have a DLink router attached to my cable modem.
So I do not believe it is an issue with Air Video's PIN Server.

Just my 2ยข

Bob

kknopp01 wrote:
bakito wrote:sadly it's been 2 or 3 days that it didn't work...I can not access the server " the serveur is NOT accessible"

I think that there's a problem with Air VIdeo's PIN server. I've been getting the same error over the past week or so.

Actually, the error I get is "URL Resolver Error Server is not reachable."

I can connect via the local network that the Mac that has the Air Video server is on though.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 06/27/2012 00:57:37

rodraw23

I cannot use the remote access anymore. Any change in the Air video server?
Admin

rodraw23 wrote:I cannot use the remote access anymore. Any change in the Air video server?

No change really, something could have changed in your network setup or perhaps the router needs to be restarted.

Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
Go to: