[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
the new Apple TV & AirPlay  XML
Forum Index » Air Video General
balexandre

Soon I saw Steve showing how AirPlay works showing the iPad video streaming to the TV on-the-fly it just answer my question that I long have...

How cool would be to have AirVideo on my TV!?

I just hope you guys can update the app to iOS 4.2 soon you can so after November I can easily see all my movies in my living room big TV

AirVideo Server -> iOS Device -> Stream to Apple TV -> see it on TV with no cables, no hassles, no nothing! (well, just 99 bucks for the new Apple TV)

I'm sooo happy! and just wanted to share my happiness you you guys!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/02/2010 23:24:21

himistu22

I just want my A/V cable support back.... I really do miss watching my movies on my tv.... I am just hoping (and holding back from buying another system) that you guys will add or at least, go back to supporting the cable. I have heard tons of crap from you guys that apple won't allow access to that area.... and that is just garbage. I am a SDK programmer and what you are saying is not true.
Now if you had support for Airplay, that would just blow every streaming app, system.... everything, out of the water.
balexandre

more cables?

no thank you

regarding the output, I'm far from knowing what's going on, but for Video and presentations and been a iOS developer we can send the signal to the TV using the AV Cables, just like when using the Youtube app.
JasonMc

If Apple does expose the AirPlay feature to any player in iOS then this shouldn't be outside the realm of possibilities.

Except in their scenario, you have data on iPad/iPhone/iTouch >> iTV.

In the case of airvideo, you would have data on PC/Mac >> iPad/iPhone/iTouch >> iTV.

Your iPad/iPhone/iTouch turns into a relay.
Admin

I don't think Air Video will be able to use Air Play. It's not very likely that they expose this functionality to 3rd party developers.

Also, Air Play probably transmits encoded mp4 stream (the video itself), not decoded picture.
kjoy064

I'm also hoping for this... it would be great if they do but knowing apple and the handbrake I'd say no go.
vanconnor

Either by AirPlay or a possible future AppleTV app store, getting AirVideo onto the Apple TV is pretty much the main reason I can think of for getting one. Anyone in the know would come to the same conclusion I'd imagine.
kjoy064

But wouldn't we need just the option like the videos app will have and that to stream to apple tv? not a airvideo app on the apple tv
chapindad

Admin wrote:I don't think Air Video will be able to use Air Play. It's not very likely that they expose this functionality to 3rd party developers.

Also, Air Play probably transmits encoded mp4 stream (the video itself), not decoded picture.

Have they seeded 4.2 beta out yet to know if this is a fact or not. Like you I am afraid Apple will close this down but I do have some hope that Apple will do the right thing on this problem and not close it down for their use only.
jaggudada

vanconnor wrote:Either by AirPlay or a possible future AppleTV app store, getting AirVideo onto the Apple TV is pretty much the main reason I can think of for getting one. Anyone in the know would come to the same conclusion I'd imagine.

If Apple TV will connect to you PC/MAC and access your videos, then there is no need for Air Video to see your videos on your TV. Is this not correct?

rgent49

jaggudada wrote:
vanconnor wrote:Either by AirPlay or a possible future AppleTV app store, getting AirVideo onto the Apple TV is pretty much the main reason I can think of for getting one. Anyone in the know would come to the same conclusion I'd imagine.

If Apple TV will connect to you PC/MAC and access your videos, then there is no need for Air Video to see your videos on your TV. Is this not correct?

Apple TV and AirPlay will only play videos that can be played from iTunes, ie no avi, no mkv, no divx, etc, etc. Until that is resolved (such as by incorporating AirVideo) Apple TV is largely useless as far as I'm concerned. We need AirVideo for Apple TV!
Mbahrani

That's what I want to be sure of, can I use Airvideo to stream to the new apple tv wirelessly or not. If not then I'm not buying
kjd

rgent49 wrote:
jaggudada wrote:

Apple TV and AirPlay will only play videos that can be played from iTunes, ie no avi, no mkv, no divx, etc, etc. Until that is resolved (such as by incorporating AirVideo) Apple TV is largely useless as far as I'm concerned. We need AirVideo for Apple TV!

I Whole heartedly agree!
I was hoping that the new Apple TV would have app support so Air Video would have an Apple TV app but unfortunately thats a no.
I would buy an Apple TV in an instant if I could get the same functionality of Air Video on my iPad.

Could the Air Video Server do some trickery with iTunes and then Air Video Server streams the mp4 file to iTunes which in turn streams it to Apple TV?
kjoy064

any more news on this as yet after the beta has been out for a week.

cheers
mpmchugh

Admin wrote:I don't think Air Video will be able to use Air Play. It's not very likely that they expose this functionality to 3rd party developers.

Actually it's looking like 3rd parties will be a big part of the AirPlay plan. Supposedly the Netfix app already partially works.

Another route to the TV for Air Video would be a Roku Channel. The Roku is a great device and already supports the same http streaming as the iOS devices.

Roku just revamped their line up with players ranging from $60 to $100. http://www.roku.com/

I think you'd have a lot of Roku customers interested in paying for a Roku channel.

-mpm

Forum Index » Air Video General
Go to: