[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Air Video Server 2.4.5-beta6 released  XML
Forum Index » Air Video Announcements
airmongrel

This is odd - I SWEAR I got a popup from AirServer that a version 2.5 was available for download but I don't see mention or a link to it anywhere... the auto-updater didn't work.

EDIT: NEVERMIND! Sorry, it was a popup for Air DISPLAY. Everything starts at once... I would delete this post if I could

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/24/2011 18:44:38

outspoken

still can't get 2.4.5-beta6u2 to work, i have to remove it and re-install 2.4.5-beta5 for streaming/converting to start working.

Admin

What operating system are you using?
outspoken

Admin wrote:What operating system are you using?

Windows Home Server SP2 (original, not 2011)
inb4ohnoes

Can we get an update that supports 10bit?

A lot of these new videos seem to be encoded with 10bit now...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/28/2011 03:38:07

Sash

Please fix or add option to prevent PC entering to sleep mode while streaming video

Thanks

Windows 7 64-bit

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 10/30/2011 07:34:47

cbouman

I have tested the Beta works fine but dont get subtitles although configured in the server settings
JTravers

Not sure what happened, but Air Video no longer starts automatically for me at login. I have the option checked in the Air Video Server settings. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the server, and it still needs to be started manually.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Update: I solved the problem by unchecking the option in the settings and adding Air Video Server to the Windows Startup folder.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/31/2011 18:11:59

hadese1

It could just be me but the performance of the beta 6 seems slower to me than that of the stable 2.4.3 version. I was trying to stream movies on remote wifi and I had to turn down the bitrate to below 512 before it would stream without buffering. But I went and reinstalled 2.4.3 and I can run 1024 bitrate and not have any issue streaming it doesnt buffer at all. Has anyone else noticed this problem?
Admin

Can you send me live conversion log with beta6 during remote streaming to support (at) in method.com ? The server update should have no impact on buffering during remote streaming as the bottleneck is usually network connection, most often home internet connection upload speed.
dportela

beta6 continues to be buggy for me. The major problems I have encountered are:

• Network seems to go down frequently with Mac OS X Lion when AVS is running and crunching.
  • Skips with Apple TV using AirPlay, usually exactly a minute long. However, these *seem* to have been reduced since updating to the latest Apple TV iOS version.
  • Sometimes the server becomes unresponsive and requires a restart.

• I'm not sure if you guys are aware of issues like these or have identified possible causes, but I'm sure you haven't been idle for the several months since 2.4.5b6 has been out, and I'd certainly appreciate a new release (or at least a new beta) with the fixes that you've been able to implement.

Thank you.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/02/2011 17:43:06

Admin

Hi,

thing thing here is - Air Video can't directly take down the network. It doesn't do anything that low level. It listens on its port just like any other HTTP server. If the network goes down it means it can't sustain the data transfer for some reason - but that is a problem on several levels below what Air Video can affect. What router are you using?

As for Air Play, unfortunately it is a completely closed technology there is little we can do to fix it without knowing why exactly it happens for some users. It should be better with Air Play mirroring which acts more like TV Out as far as Air Video is concerned.

The unresponsiveness shouldn't happen, could be Java related, we are working hard on a version without Java dependency.
    dportela

Admin wrote:Air Video can't directly take down the network. It doesn't do anything that low level. It listens on its port just like any other HTTP server. If the network goes down it means it can't sustain the data transfer for some reason - but that is a problem on several levels below what Air Video can affect. What router are you using?

Actually, I apologize. I misstated the problem. It's not the entire network that goes down, just the iMac that AVS is on gets booted off the network. It still LOOKS like it's on WiFi but all transfers stop and the only way to get it to work again is to turn WiFi off, then back on. I realize this might be a MOSX Lion issue, but I have only encountered it when AVS is running, as far as I can recall.
    Admin

Well, Air Video Server does put some strain on the network, but any router should copy with it without any issues.
    dportela

Yeah, that's why I'm starting to gravitate towards it being a Mac OS X Lion issue. I might have seen the issue with Transmission as well, come to think of it. Perhaps Lion just isn't as good at dealing with a large amount of traffic.

Forum Index » Air Video Announcements
    Go to: