[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Petition to create a desktop Air Video client for Windows/MAC OSX  XML
Forum Index » Air Video General
gmanmini

16 pages, you guys, there's an alternative that's doing it right now, and it's called Emit . . . go to www.emitapp.com/play Install the server along side air video, load up the directories or drives and you can view your media from any web browser with flash. Works great, you can choose bandwith speed, or play mp4 directly. Best of all, it streams pictures, mp3 and video.

I hope Air Video team can duplicate this.
[Yahoo!] [MSN]
chpyeung

tenya wrote:
Am wrote:This version ( 20121105) does not work at all with PIN options.

Could you connect to your server from your home and office with the following client (in debug mode), and pm me the console logs for both cases?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10205542/AirVideoClient_debug_20121106.exe

Cheers, tenya

Cannot download. 404 error. As for the link in your previous post "http://www.inmethod.com/forum/posts/list/135/514.page#17994 (bottom) ", I have tried that version and always respond with "Wrong server PIN." when I input the server PIN and password.
jamest09

I wish that air video can support it.

Digital Media recovery software could be a tool for you to recover lost media data from removable media storage devices like mobile phone, digital camera, camcorder and MP3, MP4 music player within minutes. Data Recovery contains Music Recovery, Video Recovery and digital photo recovery.
[WWW]
ventiL

Hello tenya,

good work. i like your client, it works as it should.

but is it possible to choose from more bandwidth settings?

it's ending at 1536. i would prefer higher rates, because i have good upload at home (20Mbit )

it would be nice if i can manually enter the value.

sry for my english

VIP

Yes Tenya, please add higher bit rates for streaming
JubJub1991

I joined this forum for this reason alone. Sure there are alternatives such as Emit, Orb, but I want a straight application for Air Video on PC
wilmarjoy

pavram wrote:Hi Tenya,

That's an interesting approach, just restream the TS file segments all as one file...much cleaner than the only other option I could think of, which was to effectively dump it to a file and try to play the file. Sometimes you need someone to remind you of the other easier ways to do things.
(as it is, I was considering how much work it would be to implement live-re-restreaming - intercept the TS files and re-encode the audio to AAC and then let the flash JW player do the rest).

I would recommend giving VLC a shot at playing the re-joined TS file... it might just work. (I am about to go and try!)

WRT to media players, other than the small amount of code hacking I've had to do to try and get a VLC player into my C# app, I really know very little. I have played around _a lot_ with sockets etc in c#, lets see if I can't get your idea working with something like VLC as the output.

check this C# socket program http://csharp.net-informations.com/communications/csharp-socket-programming.htm its simple to study .

wilmar.

http://net-informations.com
[WWW]
phillipah

Some people have asked for more quality options. I have made some mods to the original code to add the missing quality options. It follows the same options you find in the iOS client. I have also made another tweak and that was to improved the height and width pixels. They were originality set at 640x480 max. With this mod it is set at 800x600max.

Link to download modded version:
http://goo.gl/CuxA6

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 02/25/2013 04:40:45

Daywalker

[Avatar]

+1

Great Work!!!

I did not read every page on this Thread, but is there also a Mac Client?
(I'd help, testing )

Greeting from Graz

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/25/2013 11:59:48

2cold

The Windows client version is straight to the point, though it does it's job! Nice work!

If only VLC could register the time code with live conversion, without live conversion the video spikes in upload speed on the server and the video becomes unstable. It's very hard to figure out where a specific scene / chapter is in a video without a time duration. I'm assuming the reason why this works with the Air Video mobile version is that they are using an internal media player that's built into the app and has been modified to fit the applications needs. Where as the desktop version is using an external media player via VLC which either doesn't like live conversion with a time code, or is not implemented to work with it. Maybe create an internal media player so that it works directly with the application? Hopefully this can be fixed somehow. Right now it's either choose to "Play with" VLC (Windows Media Player or Quick Time Player doesn't work) and get the benefit of having a time duration with upload spikes and unstable video or choose to "Play with Live Conversion" with no time code, though I get no upload spikes or unstable video.

Would someone be willing to collaborate and make a fully loaded windows version with all the bells and whistles? Am all for it, I can provide the graphics needed and layout the design for the application. Here is a sample below of what I had started a few days ago. I stuck with the same concept as the mobile version, though there is still room for changing.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/22/2013 05:57:55

ryeona17

I was really happy to find this : Air Video Client for Windows: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10205542/AirVideoClient_win32_20121114.zip

But, I meet some troubles now.

Before yesterday, I installed AirVideoServer on a desktop PC with windows 7 in my office and tested using laptop using win32 client and iPad. Of course, they both truly worked well.

I, however, figure out that AirVirdeoClient on laptop doesn't work at home, couldn't add server and just says "Wrong server PIN".
But iPad still works well to add a server using PIN number and play streaming video also.

I think it seems to have some problems to resolve PIN number for AirVideoSever of non-local LAN.
Because win32 client of laptop is successful getting a PIN number for AirVideoServer on the local LAN of Home.

Is there anyone who meets the same problem or knows a solution?
Am

ryeona17 wrote:I was really happy to find this : Air Video Client for Windows: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10205542/AirVideoClient_win32_20121114.zip

But, I meet some troubles now.

Before yesterday, I installed AirVideoServer on a desktop PC with windows 7 in my office and tested using laptop using win32 client and iPad. Of course, they both truly worked well.

I, however, figure out that AirVirdeoClient on laptop doesn't work at home, couldn't add server and just says "Wrong server PIN".
But iPad still works well to add a server using PIN number and play streaming video also.

I think it seems to have some problems to resolve PIN number for AirVideoSever of non-local LAN.
Because win32 client of laptop is successful getting a PIN number for AirVideoServer on the local LAN of Home.

Is there anyone who meets the same problem or knows a solution?

I've got this problem in local LAN ( see my old post in this topic). In the SAME LAN I use connection by IP address, not PIN. And it works fine.

symbian

Hi,

I've created AirVideoClient with more bitrate options (based on Tenya source code) - try it - only for Windows (very good AirVideo client for Mac - here)

it is based on source from Tenya. Everything is included like in Tenya package (src, readme).

avclient_mod1.zip

EDIT:

I've created AirVideoClient with higher maximum resolution for live conversion. Now it is set to 1280x720 (before was 640x480). Inspiration to Tenya - please make select box under Bitrate selection, where we can choose width - 640, 800, 960 and 1280. I think, that is for you work for 5 minutes..

AVClient with more bitrate options and higher resolution

avclient_mod2.zip

PS: have you paypal? Can we send you donation? Thank you

EDIT2:

It'll be nice to have option for change language for live streaming. I think, that it is also not so hard (but harder than width selection). Thank you.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 05/10/2013 17:34:39

sjk

symbian wrote:I've created AirVideoClient with more bitrate options (based on Tenya source code) - try it

For which OS(es)? When a topic like this one covers multiple platforms mentioning any platform-specific details that may not be obvious can be helpful to readers. Thanks!

Air Video 2.4.13 (iPad 2, iPhone 3GS [iOS 6.1.3]), Air Video Server 2.4.6-beta3u2 (Mac mini [Early 2009, OS X 10.8.4]), 802.11g/n WLAN
symbian

I edited my post (only for Windows). And add link to client for Mac.

Forum Index » Air Video General
Go to: