[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Adding to Itunes  XML
Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
Patrick

Hi,

I don't understand the "add to Itunes" functionnality on the Ipad when selecting a movie. When I press this button a Itunes list is displayed with only an Hide button, I press everywhere but the movie is never added to Itunes library.

Thanks for your help.

Patrick
Admin

What iTunes version and operating system are you using?
Patrick

Hi,

I'm using Itunes 10.0.1.22 with Windows 7 64bits versions. For my Ipad I don't know the version but it's probably the current one.

Thanks.

Patrick

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/12/2010 21:04:49

ebakker

Subject: add to itunes - but why not a button -> add to IPAD

Dear Admin,
You have probably the nicest App available for the IPAD.
But what I do not understand is that I am not able to save the video physically inside my IPAD.
I have read many forum questions about this issue and every time your answer is the same.
Your answer is always: click the "add to itunes" and then synch your IPAD with your Itunes.

You need to understand that I have only 1 itunes computer but I am running the air-video server on another computer, my video editing computer on the ground floor.
This means that I have to put the converted movie-airvideo.m4v on a data sticky, then I have to switch on my itunes computer on the 2nd floor, put the data sticky in the usb, start itunes, and many times have to wait for itunes updates, then connect my IPAD and do the Synch to get my movie-airvideo.m4v physically inside my IPAD. Lately I am using Dropbox to get my video on my IPAD. But that takes a long time and is in fact a silly and inefficient way of transferring the video from my computer to my IPAD.
I am only looking movies in bed before going to sleep, and I always shutdown all other computers inside my house, so watching movies via streaming is for me no option. I need to have the video physically inside my IPAD.

So, please, can you make besides the button "add to itunes" another button -> "add to IPAD"? This can't be to hard for you, the movie was already seen on the IPAD screen, it only have to be saved.
I am sure that with this crucial feature you will make many users happy.

I hope to hear soon from you,

Best regards,

Erwin from the Netherlands
bennos

Admin wrote:What iTunes version and operating system are you using?

Hi Admin,

I am after the same answer as the OP. You have not yet replied but we are still waiting to know what to do.

Looking forward to your reply.
Admin

I was unable to reproduce it so far. Looks like there are problems with certain iTunes installations where it doesn't respond to Air Video Server request to add a new file to library.

Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
Go to: