[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Air Video Server 2.4.5-beta5 released  XML
Forum Index » Air Video Announcements
richb

Any updates on the issue with beta5 stalling every couple of minutes? Have the devs been able to track this one down? I really want to use my new Apple TV.
colourpixels

richb wrote:Any updates on the issue with beta5 stalling every couple of minutes? Have the devs been able to track this one down? I really want to use my new Apple TV.

Also getting this issue, hoping for a fix soon!
[WWW]
blassox

richb wrote:Any updates on the issue with beta5 stalling every couple of minutes? Have the devs been able to track this one down? I really want to use my new Apple TV.

Please, try to solve the issue, I need it to finally use my apple tv too...
Thanks
EnglandGreen

Why oh why did you change the iPad & iPhone interface????

This app was near perfect before this stupid player interface change!!!!! Before I could easily move to any point in the movie - now I have to go back to playlist screen to fast toward to rewind. This is retarded!! Change the player interface back please!

I am running the latest beta (2.4.5-beta5 on Snow Leopard 10.6.7) with this "upgrade" and now the video stutters and is always "loading". The experience that I loved now sucks!

Why do developers always have to mess up a great program?

Revert the player please!!!!

~ EG
Admin

We had to change the interface for TV out support. The change was only in interface - if the playback stutters and is only loading that would be unrelated to the new interface.
Can you be more specific having to go to the playlist screen? Seeking in the movie should work just like before, doesn't the seekbar work for you?
Admin

Actually, the seekbar will show only after the video has buffered. If it doesn't buffer for you (for any reason) then it is possible that you don't see the seekbar. Have you tried restarting the device and/or router? Are you trying it over local network or over internet?
EnglandGreen

This is what I have - no seek slider like before, constant "loading" and constant stuttering.

Prior to the player "upgrade" I never had these problems - the new player is the only change.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/05/2011 08:08:02

~ EG
EnglandGreen

Local 802.11n network Apple AEBS GigE - , only 3 devices on WiFi - a Macbook, iPad 2 & iPhone 4. All other Macs are hardwired GigE. Air Video Server is a Mac Mini 2.1GHz with 2Gb ram and a 12TB Drobo (firewire) attached. Nothing has changed except the new player.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/05/2011 08:13:41

~ EG
EnglandGreen

I'll reboot everything but I cannot see how that will make a difference - all that I changed was updated to the new player via iTunes sync.

~ EG
EnglandGreen

This is what I mean by having to go back to seek. At the video selection screen, I can seek instantly without waiting for "loading" and it never stuttered before. And as you can see, these are all converted videos!!!

And this is what it looked like before the upgrade - silky smooth. This used to be a 5+ star app - probably the only one in the Apple App Store which is filled with rubbish applications.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 05/05/2011 08:33:10

~ EG
Admin

I see. This is exactly what I described - the seeker missing due to constant buffering. I'm not sure why it buffer so slow, can you post here the live conversion log? We really only did change the interface, the rest of the player (actual implementation) is unchanged.
cashix

[Avatar]

Hello,

I tried the AirSever beta but the subtitles in Romania doesn't show correctly,the problem is with this letters:

î ă â ș ț

I have attached an image to,hope you can fix this.

Regards,
[Thumb - Photo-1.png]
 Filename Photo-1.png [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 415 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  1056 time(s)

Networx

[Avatar]

Just installed the beta on my Windows Quad Core machine running Win7 Enterprise at work. Updated the clients on my iPad and iPhone 4 and I couldn't be happier. The beta is running perfectly and the Live Conversions seem to start much faster. I'm happy.

Air Video Server 2.4.5-beta5
iPad and iPhone 4
EnglandGreen

Admin wrote:I see. This is exactly what I described - the seeker missing due to constant buffering. I'm not sure why it buffer so slow, can you post here the live conversion log? We really only did change the interface, the rest of the player (actual implementation) is unchanged.
These are converted files, not live conversion. I'll post the logs when I get home tonight. Thanks.

~ EG
edgefactor

Hey,
i posted a while ago about the stalling in video every couple minutes and the only way to resume was to quit the app on my ipad/iphone and then restart the video server on my mac pro. Before this only happened at 5 Mb per second, but now it's happening at 2.5 as well. Hope there's a fix for this problem, Great app, probably my most used app on iOS.

Forum Index » Air Video Announcements
Go to: