[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Petition to create a desktop Air Video client for Windows/MAC OSX  XML
Forum Index » Air Video General
E71

ToeCutter wrote:Help me out here: Why would anyone even need a client for a Windows/Mac desktop?

I stream 1080p via SMB all the time?

This simply isn't required, and would represent a monumental waste of resources, IMHO.

:?:

^ This.

Just use network shares on your server/NAS and either MPC HC or VLC on your client machine.

I can only think of two scenarios where you'd need an AirVideo desktop client of which the latter only applies to laptops:
  • Your desktop or laptop is so weak it can't handle certain codecs at higher resolutions... but then if that's the case, your gear is seriously outdated and you should consider upgrading.
  • You constantly need to convert large high quality video files to smaller lossy MP4s for taking with you on your laptop.

• E71

santiagodraco wrote:
    ToeCutter wrote:Help me out here: Why would anyone even need a client for a Windows/Mac desktop?

I stream 1080p via SMB all the time?

This simply isn't required, and would represent a monumental waste of resources, IMHO.

For a lot of reasons.

1. You are on the road and want to access your movies from home. Try running your 1080p movies over a hotel or mobile broadband connection.
    2. You are running a lower powered Windows based PC that can't natively handle your 1080p movie playback.
    3. Your network can't handle the streaming of that 35gb ripped blu-ray.
    4. You want to build a super low cost extender for movie playback in other rooms.
    5. The list goes on...

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but imo, your opinion is wrong.

1. Good point.
    2. Even low powered netbooks can handle 1080p video now, if you're running on really old hardware, it's time to upgrade.
    3. 100Mbps+ wired / 108Mbps+ wireless should be able to easily handle that. Only 54Mbps wireless and 10Mbps wired networks would struggle. Surely you're not running on those... and if you are, there are plenty of cheap & effective networking kits available on eBay.
    4. This is just a repeat of #2.

So, in my opinion, only 1 good point made.
    tenerzl

After Reinstall the computer system,you need to recover Mac lost data with a Data Recovery for Mac,it can scanning and recover photos, videos, documents, email and archive files from Mac or external disks....
    daviman

You can recover the lost pictures with data recovery software. I've tried this Data Recovery, the deep recovery mode is powerful and helped me recover files. Free to download it from http://www.passwordreset.biz/data-recovery.html

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/08/2013 10:52:29

sunnycolund

Windows Password Recovery Can help you reset forgotten Windows password, you can enter Windows directly without entering any password with the Windows password recovery tool. So it is the best way to reset your lost Windows password.
    iqbal51

Air video or donate toward that development I too would pay for a windows desktop client.

Forum Index » Air Video General
    Go to: