[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Feature Requests  XML
Forum Index » Air Video General
Dhelsdon

I'd like to see a more broad server functionality, because I use a dlink dns 323. I would love to be able to install the server onto that instead of using my MacBook. I have over 3TB of movies on my NAS but if I want to stream I have to copy them off there, onto my Mac before I can stream them, which is somewhat painful for me.
pgl

Airvideo server is great. I really use it a lot. A great del of my movie library however consist of iso and img files (ripped dvd's). I would really love to see support for those kind of files.

Regards, Peter
bareed235

I have 2 suggestions.
1- Please add Audio file streaming! It'd be a great addition!
2- when playing a video.. there's a "30 seconds" button when you press it rewinds 30 seconds..
it'd be great and helpful to add another button to forward 30 seconds.. like this pic:
jimmyt1453

any possible to stream the video to the new AppleTV?

or even support AirPlay in the future?

that will be awesome!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/07/2010 04:57:24

Logicwax

Think7 wrote:
nicolais wrote:Making it possible to stream directly from RAR archives... like more people already have mentioned. That would be just ACE!

Thanks for an already great application.

Stop it...
Just unRAR the shit. You seriously want to waste CPU / HDD power decompressing your archives instead of transcoding your vids? That's insane. I had to read that three times to realize "Wow, someone actually said that."

I request AirVideo makes me ice cream and chicken wings on demand. OHYAH!!!

Most RAR archives of video that you will find don't use any compression. They are RAR'd in 'archive' mode which essentially just means encapsulate in a RAR archive container, with no data compression. This is why XBMC and VLC are able to play direct from RAR archives without any decompression stages.

And I second that request. I have many DVD ISO backups and Bluray's now in spanned RAR archives, due to the 4GB file-size limitation of other file-systems and the ease of transferring large movies to other mediums (like USB sticks, PS3's, iPods HDs, etc). I keep checking back every now and then to see if Airvideo server has native RAR streaming built in.
trilby

1. Multiple vobs, or iso, I really don't want to convert everything again.
2. deinterlace support would be nice. ffmpeg supports this directly. Maybe it's there, but I'm using the linux alpha4 version.
w4seem

bmberman wrote:Love your product!

A feature suggestion: (it might have been suggested)

"account" based access where different folders are shared

or

be able to password protect folders/etc.

Not going to lie about why i want this, dont want other people seeing my "personal" vids.

Thanks for your time! Keep up the great work!

lol
eyekey

Feature request:

Shuffle Play on specific folders. It´ll be great for music-videos or other clips you want to play randomly.
Thanks.
btbit

Hi All,
It is possible to have an WIRELESS COPY to DEVICE option for all converted videos?
Thanks in advance .
Regards.
BtBit
Billy81

Hi, I really love your app, the greatest one ever I have just one idea of what could make it even better but I don´t know if it is posible that is up to you guys
The idea I have i that it would be really nice if you could start the movie on the computure from the ipode/iphone in that way this app also would be the greatest remote control on the market I guess, beccuase u allready have all movies folders on the iphone

Hope u guys can understand my poor english and this would be any help for you

Thank you again for a greate app and the good work

/Best regards Björn
newmacuser

If your server application were to do the following in addition to the stuff it already does I would pay 19.99 for it.

1. Add a watch folder. In the server preferences you could add a folder to watch so when I add a file to it the server auto adds it to the que and converts the file with NO user intervention
2. Auto add to a defined playlist in iTunes - Have a check box that will automatically add a converted file to the itunes playlist that is selected. The major reason for this is because using the ipad to add it to itunes then I have to sync the ipad to get the file on the ipad. Seems like an extra step that could be done prior to the conversion.
3. Auto delete - If the other 2 options are added an auot remove would be nice because the file would now be in the itunes folder and the server program could remove all other the other versions of the file ( original and the air play that is not in the itunes folder.)

Trust me if I knew how to write an application this is what I would do and sell it for 20.00 on the mac side then give away a basic version that works with the iOS.
nicnac

More control over the conversion queue:
- i.e. ability to stop current conversion but re-add to queue, then pause the queue.
- do the above when using live conversion
- add videos to queue from the server.
- auto add converted vids to itunes (already suggested many times)

My PC cant handle the processing load.

Love! this App, was well worth the money, keep up the good work guys.

quantumflibble

Hi, this is a great app. As far as I'm concerned there is just 1 missing feature - the ability to play audio files, streamed from the existing airvideo server.

Priorities from highest to lowest:
1. Play .mp3 files (most critical feature for me)
2. Ability to do this in the background on iOS4 (pretty important)
3. Ability to play .flac files (quite useful, can live without it)
4. Ability to stream at a lower bitrate than the audio file is encoded at (useful if I try to stream audio across internet, not essential)
5. Ability to handle cover art (not critical, but somewhat useful)
6. Ability to play Vorbis, .wav, .wmv formats (not really critical, but somewhat useful as a nice to have)
7. Ability to play other audio formats (only if you have lots of spare time)

Thanks.
seecoolguy

Dhelsdon wrote:I'd like to see a more broad server functionality, because I use a dlink dns 323. I would love to be able to install the server onto that instead of using my MacBook. I have over 3TB of movies on my NAS but if I want to stream I have to copy them off there, onto my Mac before I can stream them, which is somewhat painful for me.

Really? I don't know why... I have my files on a NAS and I just map the drive location in the AirVideo software... what I do is in finder I connect to the NAS usign connect to server, now that the files are available I go to AirVideo and add any new parent folders that I want to make available.

seecoolguy

w4seem wrote:
bmberman wrote:Love your product!

A feature suggestion: (it might have been suggested)

"account" based access where different folders are shared

or

be able to password protect folders/etc.

Not going to lie about why i want this, dont want other people seeing my "personal" vids.

Thanks for your time! Keep up the great work!

lol

+1 I want this feature as well. I have folders setup that are kid friendly, then I have some R rated films that are not appropriate for children.

Forum Index » Air Video General
Go to: