[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Air Video Server 2.4.5-beta6 released  XML
Forum Index » Air Video Announcements
Admin

Does this happen over local network?
zulooe

Yes
I have set up a router whcih connects to the modem and so the router is now the hub for the local area network.
Admin

DMZ or port forwarding make no difference on local network. Have you tried connecting to IP address directly?
zulooe

First of all i port forwarded the playbook on the LAN and this worked with another piece of softeware so that is incorrect.
Secondly I am not sure if you meant to connect directly to modem or use a direct connection to ip on router. I am unable to connect directly as i need the router so that other computers have connection. I have tried to connect to the router using an ip address instead of the lan but it comes up a fault. how do i find out which ip addressd to type in the ip address fron the router instead of the lAN?

I have answered your questions but you have not given me any support as in any suggestions except asked me more questions. Please give me a proecedure of what i need to do. This has been going on for days and I still am no better of and have not received any support that is resolving this issue
Admin

I'm asking you questions - that's a part of troubleshooting. I need to have information about your network conditions to be able to advise.
Port forwarding and DMZ are relevant when connecting from outside of your local network. When connecting within the local network they make no difference at all. By connecting to the IP address directly I meant your computer's IP address (that you'd enter in the Air Video client), not router IP address.
Fome

zulooe wrote:
I have answered your questions but you have not given me any support as in any suggestions except asked me more questions. Please give me a proecedure of what i need to do. This has been going on for days and I still am no better of and have not received any support that is resolving this issue

Wow...the Admin has only been continually trying to help you. You don't call this support? Talk about ungrateful.
triggervb14

I am using the app from my iPhone however it is constantly crashing. It starts fine but then constantly stops streaming to the Apple TV. This never happened prior to Oct.... in fact I use to tell everyone about the app and now I have told people to hold off.

Thanks
Admin

Is it crashing or buffering?
triggervb14

It's crashing. Everything stops. Nothing on our network has changed (I'm actually an network admin for a very large company). Really odd. I have deleted all apps and reinstalled, ensured we were running most updated version of the server.

iqbal51

Data 5 seemed to offline convert files to sizes far smaller than previous releases and defin quality not as good.

Forum Index » Air Video Announcements
Go to: