[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Feature Requests  XML
Forum Index » Air Video General
seecoolguy

I love airvideo, it transcodes and streams so well. When I am away from home I absolutely love the streaming capability with my iPhone or iPad. One thing that would be awesome, if for a cost I could buy a Mac / PC client to watch my airvideo streams whenever I do not have my iPad available.

AirVideo FTW!
santiagodraco

Awire360 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Just found Air Video, and it's a great app. Only been trying it for a few hours, and already I have a couple of feature requests. If these have already been discussed, my apologies; I didn't find anything in searches.

1. UPnP support. It would be great to be able to stream from a UPnP enabled NAS, with no need for a PC or server software.

2. Support ISO containers. This too would be a great addition, IMO, at least!

Thanks,
Jack

Air Video already supports UPnP.

What do you think converts the video to playback on the iPhone? The Nas drive is nowhere near powerfull enough to convert videos yet alone HD videos. That is why you need a pc application.

ISO containers would be cool.

UPnP has nothing whatsoever to do with converting videos. Where did you get your info? UPnP is a discovery protocol for network based devices and services.

Also to my knowledge Air Video is NOT UPnP compatable, so I second the suggestion of the original poster (Jack) and that we also add support for DNLA.

I also second the suggestion to support ISO files.

Good suggestions Jack!
Osiris2000bc

Very good app and all that, i love my ipad, but without air video i think i would have needed a laptop as well. However since the ios4 update i was hoping that air video would continue in the background while multitasking, so i could jump in and out of email etc, listening to the audio track of the video all the while, then returning to the full video when finished. But unfortunately i cant seem to make this occur, as although airvideo goes into the multitask bar, it stops and wont restart again until i come back to it.
So basically i am requesting if you can Add background audio of the video when multitasking.
Or if this can already be done, then if someone can explain how to get it work that would be really appreciated.
Thank you
thamore

Hello,

Very very nice program and working perfectly. However, I think it needs to be updated with the ios 4.2 being released.

I purshaed the program and installed it on my iPad 4.2.1. When, I play the movie from my iPad, there is a new button that it can air play the movie to my Apple TV2. When I clicked it it only streams audio and not the video.

Will there be a new version supporting this feature ?!

Regards,
Netsplite

Small request for some additional sort options since they are fairly limited(time/name) at the moment:

- Sort by date modified
- Sort by date created
ryogajyc

Suor wrote:
- Low process priority for conversion process

I vote for this as well. I think conversion should utilize just spare CPU cycles, not compete for CPU cycles for processes that need to be more responsive and higher priority (like Air Video streaming and Live Conversion).

Aside from a little polish like above, I was impressed by how easy it was to setup and use Air Video and how well it works. Also, the Live Conversion and offline Conversion are great features to deal with the myriad of video types out there.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/09/2010 06:59:02

wattsneeded

Would really like to be able to use the IPad VGA docking cable to display my streamed video onto a projector to a hotel tv screen when i'm away from home.
vaughn

(i posted my previous request in the wrong topic i guess)

I think this application is so much better than Orb, but still there's little room for improvement:
It would be nice if it's possible to define a seperate subtitles folder, subtitles now only work when
the subtitle file is in the same folder as the video file.
gescom

I would like to see...

Air Video Server retitled to Air Media Server

Air Media Suite (iOS App Store)
Air Video - app that started it all
Air Music - app to access music libraries
Air Books - app to read ebook formats
Air Pics - app to access to your photo collections
Air Comics - app to read e-comic formats
Air Notes - app to centralize and access text files with push to users option for sending family messages to iOS pool as well.
Air Office - (now I am really dreaming here) access to your collection of iWork/Office files

Air Media Client (Mac App Store)
Air Media Client - app to connect to Air Media Server for desktop viewing/access.

This could be a free download with in-app upgrades to acquire each module. I would love to see someone pull off the consolidation of accessing various media types. I currently have dropbox for some of this (which is great) but I would prefere to manage and host my own content.

Air Video has worked so well for me thus far (very clean and minimal issues) that I feel if anyone could pull this off it would be them. I would definatley pay a considerable amount more to have all of this I am sure many others would as well. The in-app option would offer choice so users suggesting they would not use certain components would be able to scale into the suite as they see fit.

I would have suggested Air Print as well but I believe someone else beat you to it!

You guys have a gem of a product here's to hoping you have many more successes!
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN]
lout

seecoolguy wrote:
w4seem wrote:
bmberman wrote:Love your product!

A feature suggestion: (it might have been suggested)

be able to password protect folders/etc.

+1 I want this feature as well. I have folders setup that are kid friendly, then I have some R rated films that are not appropriate for children.

Either this, or the ability to configure two different servers on the one PC. This way we can have the "secure" server on a different port to the default server. (would also save re-coding the app.

Btw, well done for this app.

Cheers,
Adam.
karlmitchell

Great software. I would request the following:

Mac & PC clients - iOS is great, but sometimes a computer/laptop is convenient
.wtv support - Allow W7MC to stream Recorded TV directly
Auto conversion - Monitor a folder and convert or Add to iTunes any new content
Server AirPlay Integration - Send to apple TV directly (rather than via iPhone)
Client AirPlay Integration - Allow iOS to relay (either video+audio or just audio)
paslf

Thorongil wrote:I would like to have the servers run as SERVICEs on MacOS and Windows. So Computer boots -> AirVideo Server runs.

having to log on with a user account on a SERVER is not "like all the world does it".

--> This way people can schedule their server's operational time by setting wake up and shutdown times....

+1

MacOSX
mkingsbu

Just another request for Air Music-I have 16GB iPhone and 150GB of music I'd love to be able to access! Either as a component of Air Video or as a separate app!

Otherwise, thumbs up, this is a great app.
Kabelfritt

Perfect app.

I have only one request. To be able to move the subtitle to the bottem of the screen.
Today it only supports subtitle in the movie. May be you could move it so it is always at the bottem of the screen.
Serveral times its in my way if the Movie i very wide.

Thanks again for the best app ever.
carlloch90

I agree wioth a couple of other people on here that we need a general parental restriction setting (eg; G, Pg , M, MA, R, etc.) so adults can watch what they want with out fear of the kids watching the same things.

Forum Index » Air Video General
Go to: