[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Stream over WAN on Ubuntu Linux  XML
Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
adave

I have AVS Alpha 4 up and running on my Ubuntu box. I am able to stream to my iPad on my LAN with no problems. However I am unable to connect to my Ubuntu box via AVS on a WAN from my parents home. I forwarded port 45631 to the Ubuntu box and checked to make sure the port was being listened for on Ubuntu.

I'm fairly new to Linux so can anyone provide any advice on what else I could try? Please let me know if any error messages or logs would be helpful.
Admin

If you configured the port mapping correctly and are using some kind of dynamic DNS service (or know your IP address) it should work. There is nothing linux specific that needs to be configured.
adave

Ok thanks. I definitely mapped the port correctly so I guess my next question is where can I confirm what port AVS is using?
adave

Ok I fixed the problem. It turns out that AVS Alpha 4 was using port 45632. On my iPad client and on my router I was using port 45631.

The way I confirmed the port being used was by running the AVS process and scanning through the log. There I spotted something that said socket: 45632

Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
Go to: