[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
URL Resolver Error / Server is not reachable  XML
Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
Admin

What protocol do you mean? If you can make a screenshot of the screen where you add port mapping i can help you with the values that needs to be entered.
Admin

If you have managed to create port mapping for VNC you should be able to do the same for Air Video. The only difference is that Air Video uses port 45631 instead of 5900 used by VNC. Apart from that everything else should be same.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/14/2009 23:07:40

onerous

I am having the same issue. It seems to be very buggy and I can't seem to fix the issue.
I can connect via pin as long as I am on wifi (local wifi) but when I leave to a cafe, or my university I get that error. If I remote connect using a vnc to see my computer it tells me that I am NOT able to have Internet access. The odd thing is if I test it prior to leaving IE the night before, it says test is ok and I can access it over the Internet.
I have tried automatic and manually port forwarding, but nothing seems to work. It just odd that it works fine when I am on my home wifi (using the pin) and not away from home. My router has UnP enabled. And still nothing.
Please help :s
Admin

Sever PIN will work on local network even if your computer is not accessible from internet. I would need more information to be able to help you with this. See this thread

http://www.inmethod.com/forum/posts/list/949.page

for details.
blitzburghfan06

Been having this problem too, works fine on wifi, but when I go on 3g it says "URL Resolver Error- Server is not reachable", What should I do?
Admin

See my previous post.
blitzburghfan06

Which previous post??? Ive read through this whole thread, nothings helped?
Admin

Have you read this thread (to which I'm referring in previous post)?

blitzburghfan06

Yes, I have UPnP set on my router.
Admin

That's not the only thing the thread is about. It contains list of information necessary for us to provide support for remote access.
Initial_E

Hi there,

Since I bought Air-Video everything seems to have been working. I was able to connect through my local wifi connection and also through 3G using the server pin option. For some reason today it has all stopped working. Although a completely different app, but my iTeleport VNC has stopped working as well (*Note: When I say not working, I only mean on 3G). Now Since it working and not working I have only changed one thing on my router (my router is a Belkin), I enabled the DMZ to open the NAT for my XBox 360 as it kept going to moderate. I also added a port to my Virtual Servers list to help with the NAT issue.

So far I have disabled the DMZ and the port to see if this was the issue but I still couldn't connect. I tried disabling the Automatically Map Port option and added the port manually, but still nothing changed. I tried this for both Air-Video and iTeleport as I had them both working on 3G yesterday. My router does have UPnP and NAT support and as it was working before I can't understand why the issue now. Every time I changed an option on my router I restarted everything, app, router etc.

Also when I select Check for updates, I get an update error, plus although the status is displayed as OK, if i click on the Test connection, I get a message 'Connection Test Failed' Your Air video Server instance is NOT accessible from internet.

Please help, was great when it was working, but really don't see what could have caused it to brake!
Admin

Hi,

please see the following thread

It contains list of screenshots that I'd need to see and also other things (remote support log) that you need send to support (at) inmethod.com in order for me to be able to help you with remote access.
yunus12000

blitzburghfan06 wrote:Been having this problem too, works fine on wifi, but when I go on 3g it says "URL Resolver Error- Server is not reachable", What should I do?

I was having the same issue with "URL Resolver Error- Server is not reachable", This is what i did to resolve it.

Note: Write down your Servers pin before performing these steps. You will need to have your Servers Pin handy at the end of this procedure.

1. Click on Air Video on your Ipad/Ipod Touch/ Iphone
2. Click "Edit" under Servers
3. Click on the minus sign on the left hand side of your servers name
4. Once you clicked on the minus sign you should see "Delete" on the right hand side of your Servers name.
5. Click "Delete"
6. Next Click the plus sign.. Under the plus sign you should now see "Enter Server Pin" & Specify Address Manually"
7. Click on "Enter Server Pin"
8. The Server Pin that you wrote down will now need to be reinserted in the "Server Pin" field.
9. After adding the Server Pin hit "save".
10. Finally click "Done"

Hopefully this works for whoever is having this issue.

Admin

You just removed the server definition and added it again. This won't really resolve anything. BTW the server PIN is displayed in Air Video Server properties - Remote tab.
yunus12000

Admin wrote:You just removed the server definition and added it again. This won't really resolve anything. BTW the server PIN is displayed in Air Video Server properties - Remote tab.

Removing the server definition and adding it again is what fixed my problem with the "Url Server Error". It has been working flawlessly ever since.

Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
Go to: