[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Suggestion : iPad with iPhone as a remote control  XML
Forum Index » Air Video General
digitdemon

I've just found a new app that lets you remote control another device and plays the movies that are loaded into the app. It's called 'movie remote kids' and looks as if it's aimed at the road trip setup where you have a kid in the back of the car watching an ipad and someone in the front controlling the playback etc. I've been following this thread to see if anything comes up so thought I'd post about this new one that seems to be a first.
boostfluid

After trying out Video Stream I have concluded that Air Video is the better streaming software. However; the implementation of the remote control in Video Stream works very well (use iPhone/iPod touch to control the iPad). If Air Video could implement a similar feature that would be fantastic as getting off the sofa/bed just to control the software is painful.
StephenCB

+1 from me on this feature also..would love to see it..AirVideo is a great app, this will make it even better
Hendel

+20! Our TV was stolen last week. I'm now downloading shows from our headless TiVo to my Mac, and watching them on our little (but still bigger than the iPad) TV via Air Video and a dock connector to composite video cable. Works great, but I either have to suffer through commercials (and as a TiVo addict for over 10 years, that *hurts*) or get up and walk over to the TV/iPad like it's the 1950's to use the 30sec skip feature (exercise, by definition, also hurts - but less than the searing mental agony of those commercials). Every seven minutes. I have an iPhone here, also running Air Video, but also with a perfectly usable web browser. Help!

This is a feature (or accessory app) I'd be happy to pay a few more bucks for.

I've considered trying Veency, but that seems like overkill (though it might give me this functionality with Netflix too).

http://hendel.posterous.com/its-complicated

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 08/14/2011 07:53:17

erjohnson007

+1! I would love this to be implemented into the next update! I just got my Apple Digital AV Adapter (better priced over the Apple TV) so it would definitely be awesome if you could do this!
iamdjon

One mega use for this would be: If you have a headrest mount for the ipad on the back of a seat so that your kids can watch a movie while you drive, you'd be able to stop/start a new movie/control volume/etc. having the iPhone in a doc in the front seat. This would make it highly competative with the in-car DVD players that essentially do all of this, but are outdated technology

As many other posters have said, I can't believe this isn't a highly request feature.
Dethell

+1 here.

AirVideo is the primary media server for our home and it would be great to control the iPad from the phone. I had hoped AirPlay would do the trick with the AirPlay receiver app on ipad but many videos won't play that way and when they do it shifts control of playback over to the ipad.
blakeaa827

+1 I would love to use this app instead of Video Stream, but right now the remote control functionality of Video Stream makes it necessary. I absolutely refuse to get out of bed to pause a movie every time the wife gets a phone call or some such...

Forum Index » Air Video General
Go to: