[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
TV Out won't work with iOS Firmware 4.0  XML
Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
Admin

meanasjed wrote:Hopefully if StreamToMe found a loophole it could also be added to AirVideo.

I'm afraid it's not that simple. We need a "legal" loop hole - one that doesn't violate developer agreement. At this point I'm really not sure there actually is one :-|
estofan

please , please , find a way inmethod !!!!
i was lovin this app and i had lot of work to
convert hundereds of videos.

i am really unhappy now !!!
redrabbit

Did you contact Apple about this? What do they say? Is it Not a Bug in iOS 4?
Admin

They never guaranteed this behavior for 3rd party applications. We got no response from Apple (which is not that unexpected).
fakeyfakerson

Admin wrote:They never guaranteed this behavior for 3rd party applications. We got no response from Apple (which is not that unexpected).

If there is no possible workaround for this, would it be possible to release air video for jailbroken devices on cydia with video out functionality? I was so excited to buy this app and use it to stream movies from my home computer to my girlfriends TV, super bummed that apple would do something this stupid Would still gladly pay for it on cydia if it had video out though.
Admin

I think there should bo software in cydia that will simply allow you to mirror the display to TV out, meaning no special Air Video version would be necessary. However it might take some time for the software to work well with iOS 4.
fakeyfakerson

Are you saying a program like that already exists or that it should be easy to make one? It wouldn't hurt frame rates or anything?
Admin

The software already exists. It just might not work quite well yet with iOS 4.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/27/2010 20:52:17

fakeyfakerson

Alright, thanks. According to that site it does indeed skip frames when playing but hopefully not too bad, and it'll do the job while we wait for some workaround (if ever possible). Still bummed though
zed150

I just bought StreamTo Me app and TVout works perfectly. Too bad it doesn't support 3G streaming
Are you sure you couldn't do it the same way as the above mentioned app?

BTW, what do you mean by a "legal loop hole"? The StreamToMe app has the TVout function advertised in iTunes description as one of the main features... Seams to me that Apple would notice

Anyway, thanks a lot for all your hard work. Air Video is absolutely amazing! (The server for StreamToMe managed to crash on me twice only during the testing, something that never happens with your app). I've been using Air Video since the beginning with my Optoma pico projector.

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at 06/28/2010 15:26:12

redrabbit

Good to know, then I will give Stream2Me a try. I really need that tv out thing.
zozoka

Got today the streamtome.
I can confirm, that TV Out works.
The only problem is, that isn't to stable, crash all the time for me.
With Air-Video - it never happens to me.

Please resolve somehow the tv-out ----i miss it on 4.0
messino

Downloaded Streamtome. It works fine with TV out. Quality was not as good as AirVideo.
jkennison

I would like to confirm that the SteamToMe application does work on IOS4, after finding out that my favorite app no longer works after the upgrade I started to look at alternatives. The video quality does not appear as good, but without video out this application is worthless to me.

I am looking forward to an update that fixes this issue.

On a different topic, StreamToMe also has an option to continue playing files after one is complete,
which was removed from in one of the updates; would be great to have that back again too!
fakeyfakerson

interesting development. so apparently there is a legitimate way if streamtome can do it and get approved by the appstore gurus.

Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
Go to: