[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Download files to iPhone for later viewing?  XML
Forum Index » Air Video General
LilMikey

JasonMc wrote:Why wouldn't you just convert it, add it to iTunes then sync it to your device? This feature is clear duplication of existing functionality.

Considering that solution, wouldn't all of AirVideo be a duplication of existing functionality? I have 800+ gb of video. Converting and storing all of that in iTunes because I might want to put something on my device some day is not an option. Not to mention getting it on there from a hotel room, coffee shop, mall, etc.
RandomDude

LilMikey: Word!

Can't understand how "Offline mode" could be a less prioritized feature :S
I'm betting StreamToMe or whoever gets the "Offline mode"-feature first will get most of the users. I know I won't hesitate!

StreamToMe even got:
The TV out cable is supported so you can connect your iPhone or iPod Touch to your TV to use your Mac or PC as a wireless streaming media center for your TV.
Admin

Air Video of course supports TV out on both iPhone/iPod touch and iPad.
LilMikey

With AT&T's recently announced tiered data pricing/transfer cap this feature has become even more desirable. I'd like to queue up in Wifi, watch the cached copies in 3G.
diebagger

JasonMc wrote:Why wouldn't you just convert it, add it to iTunes then sync it to your device? This feature is clear duplication of existing functionality.

Because you can't sync itunes over your wifi connection, it's as simple as that. I don't want to select & convert a video with airvideo (which I can do over wifi), then have to go to my server to connect my iphone with itunes and sync the video.
sprog

I bought this app on the premise that I could store and watch videos. If it cannot do this., it is a waste of time. Here in Australia we have the worst telcos in the world, with the worst 3G, so streaming is useless.
sn893

idengrenme wrote:i need this too. in fact, if air video could download the queued, converting videos in the background (perhaps using iPhone 4.0) that would be even more ideal.

Seconded. If I could download videos automatically after they've been converted on the fly, it'd be so much better than trying to stream over AT&T and on the train.
sprog

Deleting app and leaving a negative comment on app store.
Think7

This would be another great feature.

While AirVid DOES make adding the files to iTunes easy as pie, it would be nice to download them directly to the Pad/Phone for later playback. I thought origionally the application had this feature when i clicked "Add to itunes".

AirVid DOES make the process easier but beig able to download files over the air is just a nice feature. It would be very welcomed and VERY used.
alex-2378ds

This request is similar to the one I posted a few days back (http://www.inmethod.com/forum/posts/list/1672.page). No reply from the Admin on that page either - so much for support - even though I described my situation fully, and suggested 3 easy-to-implement ways that this could be achieved... Since offline viewing was the primary reason for buying the app, I will be seeking a refund if I continue to hear nothing back.
Admin

Hi,

for some reason I wasn't notified when the thread was created. I'll reply to it.
Avalon

I'd love for this feature to be implemented! It'd make everything so much easier if I didnt have to touch my computer to sync movies/series onto my iphone/ipad
SicMX

+1

I would gladly pay for this feature, because iTunes syncing via USB is tedious
Saltyzoo

sprog wrote:Deleting app and leaving a negative comment on app store.

Lol. He's mad because the streaming app he bought doesn't have a non-streaming option so it's worthless. Lol good one.

That said, the feature would make a good product even better, but I can see how it would not be the highest priority for a streaming application.
Brasil4ever

Hi guy's
I bought this app because in the store you say It has a One Touch Offline Conversion.
I am still not able to find that feature. Watching my video's anywhere Is why I bougt Airvideo...
Please reply on this one, with more instructions...

Forum Index » Air Video General
Go to: