[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
iOS 4.2 beta - does not play Video  XML
Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
chapindad

Burningchrome wrote:
Admin wrote:Guys, really. The reason for this beta releases is to give app developers chance to keep up with API changes. It's not meant for general usage. Also we have submitted an bugfix update to AppStore before the beta was released (so the update doesn't reflect the changes). Now if we pull the update and replace it with another one, it will get to the end of review queue again.

Double +1

Seriously guys. Us Regular joes are not even supposed to have 4.2 yet. As the admin stated a beta release is meant to allow devs to to verify compatability etc.. Let's do them a favor and let them do that.
peace

+1 to this. I have access to the code also but I will not place it on my personal devices because things will be broken and I expect them to be broken. I will be the first to place it on my devices when it goes golden and the first to complain it things are still broken. So be patient and smart about it.
afn

Just a reminder - some of us are both Air Video customers AND iOS developers. Looking forward to a resolution to this problem.
Admin

Update has already been submitted to Apple. At this point we can't do much else.
afn

Thank you. I'll keep my eye out for app updates.

It's remarkable how quickly I've become dependent on Air Video. It's sold more than one friends on the fact that they need an iPad.
Burningchrome

afn wrote:Just a reminder - some of us are both Air Video customers AND iOS developers. Looking forward to a resolution to this problem.

Point taken. But I think the percentage of developers posting in this thread is low...for very good reason.
frame

Burningchrome wrote:Point taken. But I think the percentage of developers posting in this thread is low...for very good reason.

Correct
virus1x

Admin wrote:Update has already been submitted to Apple. At this point we can't do much else.

If the update was submitted on Sept. 22nd it would have been in the app store by now. 7-10 days for an updated app to be approved this is the 10th business day and that's only when they are super busy which is during holidays...

Hmmm?
ralfy

+1 developer that is waiting for the update
jyavenard

I have to say that I have never been so much looking forward to an application update. Make me realize on how little interestbI have left with the iPad if I can't watch videos
Thorongil

Let us hope they did not mention "4.2 compatibility" in their update Description - Apple could withhold the update until release of 4.2.

Same if they built it against the 4.2 SDK....

Maybe inmethod could announce here something more info...
frame

jyavenard wrote:I have to say that I have never been so much looking forward to an application update. Make me realize on how little interestbI have left with the iPad if I can't watch videos

Same here, jyavenard. I barely touched my iPad the past weeks. Every time I open the AppStore and see the red counter I hope it's AirVideo.
Daytonlowell

Just got the update, fixed the playback issues I was having on 4.2b2. W00t! Thanks.
jyavenard

What?
I just spent hours downgrading and reinstalling everything !
frame

Confirmed! Latest update is working on 4.2b.

Thank you!
Peter Johnson

[Avatar]

Just an update on this

I downloaded the new iPad version this morning, after excitedly seeing the update on the App Store which I hoped would fix the 4.2 issue as an update was said to be submitted around 20 days ago, but it still doesn't work for me.

If anything its worse as it no longer gives a directory of the server any more (it spots the server using Bonjour, but after a while I get an alert box saying "communication error" a server with the specified hostname could not be found))

The current server setup works fine on my iPhone (which is on iOS 4.1) without problems. I am on server version 2.4.3, and 4.2 beta 2 on the iPad.

Cheers

Peter

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/11/2010 11:14:57

Forum Index » Air Video Problems and Solutions
Go to: