[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Air Video Server 2.4.5-beta3 released  XML
Forum Index » Air Video Announcements
centaur

I did cause I had run it the night before. That didn't change things. Yeah, I thought the behavior was pretty strange myself. It was consistent though. After uninstalling and reinstalling 2.4.3 the videos all play fine as before though.
MadlaX

I just installed 2.4.5-b3 and i must say it's looking really good. Nice speedy response, fast listings.

However I ran in to one problem.

I have a NAS attached in the network and the PC has 2 mappings to the NAS (basic file shares).
Previously I could just go to those mappings and got the list and played just fine. Now I don't even get the lists from those drives anymore.

W7 Ultimate x64 on Q9550
Admin

I'm not sure why that would happen, there hasn't been any changes in folder listing code, have you tried to remove the shared drives from settings and re-add them? Are those mapped network drives?
MadlaX

Just removed then and added them again. Works like a charm. GREAT job on the loading speeds just as fast as the local drives now.
mmzero

I just ran into a problem similar to what centaur mentioned. I downloaded some videos last night and they didn't generate thumbnails only a gray loading icon and when I clicked on them it was stuck loading. Stopping and restarting the server seemed to fix it, and they played after that, but it seems after I watched them a few ended up having a red invalid tag placed on them and now tell me no video stream can be found in the file (even though I had just watched them.) Beyond that I find that most files work fine, and files that used to hang and crash FFMpeg no longer do so.
Admin

You might want to try to clean the thumbnail cache
http://www.inmethod.com/forum/posts/list/2217.page

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/05/2011 01:47:32

mmzero

Admin wrote:You might want to try to clean the thumbnail cache
http://www.inmethod.com/forum/posts/list/2217.page

I just did that and it fixed the issue with the invalid stream, but thumbnail generation is significantly slower for the movies that they are loading up for, and some are stuck not loading. among those not loading on their own if I click on the file for some they load almost immediately and then display the thumbnail and for others I'm seeing infinite load times like for the files I added last night.

Edit:
I have given it some time and it would seem it fixed the invalid steam error on some files, but it has appeared on others without much rhyme or reason.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 03/05/2011 02:13:52

Admin

That's weird. It can take a while for the thumbnails to load but it shouldn't got stuck. Are you using Mac or PC? Are the files stored locally or on a network drive?
mmzero

Windows with local files. Some get stuck and hang on load, but eventually they all show up and there isn't any problem anymore; it was just so much faster for me in 2.4.3 so I assumed something was wrong, but there is most definitely something strange with this Invalid business. I'm getting different files each time I delete the cashe.

Edit:
There is something I noticed this time around though it's all anime releases by gg that are being affected by the invalid errors; maybe something to do with how they are encoding? they are above average file sizes ranging from 325-670megs ~25 minutes. I could post the mediadata from the files if that might help.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 03/05/2011 02:41:32

mmzero

I reinstalled 2.4.3 and deleted the cashe again, every thumbnail loaded within 30 seconds (32 videos,) and there are no invalid errors. So there is something strange with 2.4.5; at-least with my system.
centaur

I should have mentioned, mine was windows as well. Windows 7 64 bit.
Fome

Another bug to report. Even though I've specified "disable embedded subtitles if no language matches," and I've not specified any preferred languages, my mkv videos still display subtitles. The only way to disable them is to do it manually for each video from the client.
Aidan

Good morning,

I'm having much the same issue as mackthen in that on some (not all) wtv files it only displays about 40% Of the video, 60% being cut off at the top and bottom.

Interestingly though on the videos it does this the thumbnails display the full image fine? I just get massive cropping when I go to play it.

Any thoughts?

If i can get this to work the mrs can watch all her rubbish on the iPad so i can reclaim the tv!

Thanks,

Aidan
Admin

Beta4 has been released. Please give it a try.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/07/2011 02:20:59

Forum Index » Air Video Announcements
Go to: