[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Air Video Server 2.4.5-beta5 released  XML
Forum Index » Air Video Announcements
Pfaelzer

Windows-Betaversion don't run as a service?
oliver

Turns out I just needed to reboot my AirVideo server (macmini).

It's weird because I specifically quit the server, copied and replaced the application, relaunched and checked the version number from the about screen to triple check it was updated successfully.

Anyways, I'm watching video after video directly on my TV without having to convert / import into iTunes / watch / delete temp iTunes file! This is absolutely amazing! Keep up the great work!!
peterlin

I installed Air Video Server 2.4.5-beta5 and updated my iPad to 4.3 but didn't realize that I had to update my Apple TV, so I got the "Air Play cannot play video on Apple TV" error.

After updating my Apple TV, the error message no longer shows up, but the video simply continues to play on the iPad even though the checkmark is next to my Apple TV.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
Admin

Do you have the Air Video 2.4.5 update? If so I suggest you to restart Air Video (you might need to quit it using Task Switcher - push home button twice) on the device as well as the Apple TV.
peterlin

Yes, I have the update. I've tried quitting it from the task switcher and relaunching too. I know that my Apple TV/AirPlay is working fine, because AirPlay from Apple's apps like Videos and Photos works.

I've tried doing a reset on the iPad, and I've power cycled the Apple TV, and I still can't get it to work.
jljadams

Since upgrading to 2.4.5-beta5 i can connect to the server as normal on iPhone4 + iPad, however when listing my videos i'm getting blank thumbnails and an invalid message, where previously everything worked perfectly.
Any advice on what i've done wrong? - my files are stored on a NAS. Could this upset the server?
Admin

Can you post here the thumbnail generation log from Air Video Server properties?
ferric

peterlin wrote:I installed Air Video Server 2.4.5-beta5 and updated my iPad to 4.3 but didn't realize that I had to update my Apple TV, so I got the "Air Play cannot play video on Apple TV" error.

After updating my Apple TV, the error message no longer shows up, but the video simply continues to play on the iPad even though the checkmark is next to my Apple TV.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

I had the same issue, I restarted my iPad, and the apple tv and air video server, and it works flawlessly now.
Gjpe

1 st post...love the product!

Having some trouble getting air play to work from my ipad to my atv2. I have updated my Macbookpro runing the server, I have updated the Ipad os version and I have updated the ATV2. I have also stopped and restarted everything based on reading theough this forum(ipad, seerver, and atv2).

Odd thing is when I look at the about atv2, i see software version 4.2(2006)..I think...family has taken back over the tv for now However I see the new mlb.tv option and it accesss all of my photos so it appears to be the latest. If I try to update my atv2 software it tells me I have the latest.

my iPad lets me select Appletv from the airplay, but nothing happens. it continues to play on the ipad. I have tried lowering the bit rate, but nothing seems to help

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

I will paste the remove support log(I scrubbed my name out of the log for privacy:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/10/2011 02:14:19

Admin

The remote support log is not really relevant here. Air Play needs firmware 4.3 on Apple TV, 4.2 is not enough. I'm not sure when Apple will push 4.3 though.
Gjpe

Thanks...but I am still confused. I seem to have all of the new updates with apple tv 4.3(new slideshow themes, new mlb.com, etc) so I am pretty sure i have 4.3 on my apple tv. Are you saying that apple has not released the latest 4.3 for apple tv yet?

thanks again for your response!
Gjpe

oops never mind...I see now the features I see are all part of 4.2, not 4.3. Sorry for the extra post....but how are others getting this to work? do they have a beta version from apple for 4.3 i assume?
Admin

Actually, it looks like the update is called 4.2 (with iOS version 4.3), that's rather confusing, so it is possible that you have the update.
Gjpe

I think I do have it..in fact I am certain I have ATV 2 version 4.2 (with iOS 4.3). Now what log file can I add or what should I try to get it to work or other suggestions?
vatdoro

I can now AirPlay video to my Apple TV, it works great!

But, I noticed an issue. Before upgrading my server I was able to stream m4v (DRM free) videos no problem. Now I can no longer stream the same m4v (DRM free) videos. If I choose to Play with Live Conversion, that works, but it can't stream them without conversion. Kind of weird.

I am using Air Video Server 2.4.5-beta5.

Forum Index » Air Video Announcements
Go to: